cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

epnax
Journeyman III

RX580 performance issues

I bought an rx580 graphics card about 1 month age but it does not work stably in any game. I don't think it could be a bottleneck. because according to the bottleneck calculator, I learned that it would work with my processor and bought it.But I didn't trust the site and checked the values ​​from msi afterburner and it didn't seem like a bottleneck to my eyes. The only problem is that my video card drops to 0% usage in games. My graphics card is still under warranty. Would you suggest that I send it to the service? Or is the problem somewhere else?

My processor: Intel Core i7 6700

My graphics card : MSI Armor Amd Radeon RX580 8GB OC

0 Likes
2 Replies
alirion
Adept I

this is mostly settings related i assume. if check for example in radeon software your graph should be fairly even. if there are gaps then its either a engine induced bottleneck either thru vsync ( not more frames need to be rendered to maintain 60fps while technically more are possible but unneccesairy becasuer maybe your screen does not support any more ). It could also be that Ressoruces from your HDD get shuffled up and teh GPU needs to wait for data either on hdd or cpu. generally if you see your gpu going to 0% its either limited by settings or in some kind of bottleneck situation. This is fine tho as long as it maintains your frames - not all games / engines utilize the full power of a gpu in every situation given. i7 6700 + rx 580 is a fairly good combo. if you want to know more about your situation i would need alot more specifics. 

Yes I would talk to the support department of the company that made your GPU about support options. They should be able to help troubleshoot the issue and offer an RMA if need be. 

You can also contact AMD support here if you like:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes