cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jam12
Journeyman III

RX580 overvolting itself

Hi, I recently upgraded to a new cpu and motherboard and reused my rx580. The default max boost and voltage is 1366mhz at 1150mV. I run an undervolt profile to keep it quiet where the max boost uses 1065mv and this has worked fine for a year and works fine now.

However, when I start my system or wake from sleep, in game the card now uses 1.2v instead of 1.065 or even 1.150v. It still lists the proper values in radeon settings. I have to go into radeon settings and make a manual change and apply it before it goes back to 1.065, then all is fine until I reboot.

Is there a setting I've changed somewhere that makes it overvolt like this? It is too loud to run at this level.

https://imgur.com/a/OPzCVgn

0 Likes
8 Replies
jam12
Journeyman III

I forgot to add, this is on driver 21.3.2. 

0 Likes

Can anyone help with this issue? I've asked here, the AMD subreddit, the PCMR subreddit and never had a single reply.

0 Likes

sounds like a bug in the driver, may you use an older one and look how that goes.

you coud also send a bug report to amd, there should be an option in the driver for that.

look here:

https://www.amd.com/de/support/kb/faq/amdbrt

0 Likes

Hi, I have reported this in the bug tool already.

Currently I'm using the 21.3.2 beta driver and have previously tried the 21.3.1 whql driver, both have the issue. I need the latest driver for Outriders support but will try an earlier whql version for testing.

Thanks for replying 

0 Likes

Do you have MSI Afterburner or any other 3rd party OC tool installed?
If you do, remove it/them.

0 Likes

I used ddu to revert back to the 21.2.3 driver I used on my old system (where it worked fine) and the issue persists. The voltage/clocks work at stock, but if i make any changes it defaults back to 1.2v, even though radeon settings shows 1.1

mb is asus tuf h470 pro

0 Likes

is there and amd employees out there that can help? This issue is getting really annoying.

0 Likes

This issue persists in driver 21.4.1

Is there any  chance of a response from amd at all? seriously?

0 Likes