cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Gregzoid
Journeyman III

Rx580 no signal

So i recently bought a new gpu (the rx 580 8gb) but after correctly installing it i don't get a signal to my monitor.

Last night i spent 4-5 hours trying solutions from google but none worked so time to make a thread myself and hopefully find an answer to my problem.

Only logical explanation I can think off is my motherboard and bios being too old and not supporting the rx 580. I'm using a HP H8-1010 that I bought an eternity ago and put a GTX 760 in it a few years ago and that one works just fine. My motherboard is Pegatron 2AB5, 650 watt PSU, windows 7 64-bit, i7 2600 3.4ghz, 16gb ram ddr3 (old ass motherboard). 

Works fine with gtx760, no signal with rx 580. 

Please just tell me it's not compatible with my motherboard /bios so i can sleep and ask for a refund. 

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
10 Replies
rawintellect
Miniboss

Stupid question but I'll ask anyway. Are the power connectors from the PSU plugged into the card? Newer cards require additional power directly from the PSU and not just the PCIE slot now.

0 Likes

Ye i connected it to the psu just like the gtx760 that does work. 

I'm 99% sure my motherboard is just too ancient and doesn't support uefi cards but i thought the gtx760 i'm using is uefi also? 

0 Likes
bobpi
Adept III

There is a switch on those cards to go between a UEFI/NonUEFI bios on most of those cards. It is normally located on the top near the mounting flange.

0 Likes

Yea read about that switch but pretty sure i didn't see any switch/button on my card. I'll, check again when i'm home from work.

Also found something called duet refind(?) that could allow me to use uefi cards on my outdated legacy mobo. 

0 Likes

Which brand RX580 do you have? I would like to see what it actually has.

0 Likes

Asus radeon rx580 dual oc edition 8gb ddr5.

Hope this helps. Your reply about the button gave me some hope, i just got home and checked my card again but couldn't find any button/switch but I'll ask the website I ordered it from and maybe they could swap it for a card that has a button to switch to legacy.

0 Likes

I always recommend the Sapphire cards but they can be more pricey.

0 Likes

Any luck from the website yet?

0 Likes
digitalworld
Adept I

what's the model of your monitor? I found RX580 has a bug when reading edid, it results in no signal on my TV. I am sure whether it is the same issue, You can check in my discussion.

0 Likes
Naty90
Journeyman III

I have a motherboard Pegatron 2AB5 (also called "IPISB-CH2") and i had the same problem with my new Video Card GT610

my problem was solved when i used a modified BIOS found on this link:

https://archive.org/details/gpu-fix-for-hp-ipisb-ch2-modified-bios-image

0 Likes