Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dazmatic
Journeyman III

RX580 HDMI Sound crackles and pops when in Power State 0

Hi all,

I've recently got hold of an RX580 refurbished off ebay for a new build budget rig. Been having issues with it having hissing/crackling/popping sound when using HDMI port. 

I've checked and it's the result of high latency audio because of the RX580. Found, out that whenever the GPU is in the State0 powerstate, the audio latency jumps whenever there's a 2D render change, like hovering over a menu or similar.

Soon as I set the State1 as the minimum, even with the same clock speed and voltage as State0, the issue stops and the audio returns to normal.

I don't have this issue with my Vega 64 in another machine and it doesn't look like it's a particularly common issue so I suppose my concern is whether or not the GPU is knackered.

3 Replies
pschwaab
Journeyman III

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I had this EXACT same problem, and spent almost a month trying to solve it, to the point where I (might) have accidentally broke my motherboard messing with things and had to RMA it. I built it back with a friend and showed him the issue. He happened upon this post today and it absolutely fixed the problem. Seriously, I can't tell you how much this perplexed me. I'm not sure why this happened in the first place, maybe my GPU is just old now, but I'm not sure. This all started for me when I bought a new motherboard+cpu+ram, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it was happening. I'm not sure why this wasn't a problem before, and only happened when I replaced my motherboard, but regardless, this fixed it.

My only question: Is it safe to run my GPU in power state 1 all the time? I set power state 1 to 300mhz, which is what state 0 was before, but I'm currently planning to leave it there indefinitely.

Again, thank you SO much.

THank you so much man, I got here from your Microsoft thread with the same issue.

Had my i5 2500k running perfect with my Rx570. Upgraded mobo, ram and CPU then audio issues started but they went away if I mounted back the GPU in the older setup, so i discarted any GPU malfunction

Setting the power state 1 as minimum worked like a charm!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH

0 Likes

Oh man. I guess neither of us damaged our graphics cards after all then! I thought that’s what happened. Maybe it’s incompatibility with new boards or something! Unless we both damaged them during installation haha. Glad you saw my posts and they helped! Thought credit to OP for having the actual solution. No worries!

0 Likes