Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cptechnology
Journeyman III

RX580 GPU Display Issue

Hi All,

I have been having an issue with my displays on AMD GPU's, I can't seem to find anyone else having the issue but then I might not be searching for the right keywords.

Here is a rundown:

I have 3 displays: An LG 24", Acer 32" and Asus 24". The two 24" are on HDMI and 32" on DP.

The 32" is the middle display and therefor is the primary display. The issue is that everytime the screens get put in to sleep mode, it seems to think that the 32" has been disconnected. Which means when I wake them up again all the windows that were on the 32" now appear on one of the 24" screens, and if I open anything new it will appear on the 24" as if that was the primary screen even though the 32" is set as primary.

What makes this even more odd is that I have tried connecting the 32" with DVI and HDMI and it will still do it which points towards the screen. But it doesn't do it on my GTX 950 GPU, but it will do it on my AMD R9 290 GPU and I recently got an MSI RX 580 and it does it on that too. So I have no idea if this is a screen issue or a GPU issue or a driver issue etc.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? because it is doing my head in.

0 Likes
0 Replies