cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

twjames66
Adept I

RX580: Game Crashes and Black Screens

Load up any game and screen goes black and  system reboots. I notice that sometimes after rebooting if I look at the task manager, the RX580 has been disabled.  I have used DDU (safe Mode) to completely remove drivers and reinstall Radeon Drivers to get the Display Driver to be enabled again

Attempting to Run any game now is definitely a system crash. Sometimes on the reboot it will crash again. This Morning I woke up to just a Black screen (system had been Idle al night) the PC was still running but had to do a Hard Re-Boot

Currently on 22.Q3. Is there any older Driver I can get that may help the situation?

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (6 Core)
Mainboard Model: Gigabyte B450M DS3H

SDRAM:Corsair 16Gb Size 8192 MBytes X2

Radeon RX 580 Series

Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Home 64-bit (Build 19044)
DirectX Version 12.0

0 Likes
8 Replies
twjames66
Adept I

Also not sure if any relation or need a new post....after bootup I see this in the event viewer:

The AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

I have verified in regedit

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19 

the AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19 is thereamd_regedit.PNG

0 Likes

You might have to reinstall Windows from ground up with a usb stick, update it and reinstall drivers and I would recommend updating BIOS before that, but...

Right now I would rule out instabilities in different parts and also corrupted files. So first try plugging the monitorcable to another connector in GPU, also turn monitor off and back on. If doesn't help.

DDU again. If you have PBO or other overclocking, disable them.

Then boot into BIOS and reset to default settings, do not enable XMP/DOCP, just save and exit.

Flash BIOS to latest version, still keep default settings, no XMP/DOCP, no overclocking, nothing. - If you have Win11 remember you might have to enable fTPM in BIOS.

Boot to Windows -> use cmd (console) as admin (type cmd to Windows search -> command prompt -> right click -> run as administrator)

In console(command prompt that is), type:

chkdsk /F (to scan harddrive and fix errors if found)

sfc /scannow (scans system files and fixes them if needed)

Reboot.

Install latest chipset drivers

Reboot.

Install latest GPU drivers

Or then you can just start by flashing bios (and keeping it in default setting, no XMP/DOCP yet), reinstalling windows from scratch, update, reboot, update reboot, update reboot, install latest drivers from AMD's site, check hardware manager there are no yellow triangles, install more drivers if needed, reboot, install Steam, Epic or something, install one game, does it still do that? 

0 Likes

MADZvren,

Thank you for the response. Just a quick update, I have ran the following with no reported issues.

sfc /scannow
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
chkdsk /scan

I only have a dvi cable atm (only one port apiece on the gpu and monitor). Brother is gonna stop down later with a hdmi and try that.

0 Likes

You should probably check your temps and voltages. I think you need to update and reinstall everything to make sure that is the not issue, but could be broken hardware too. How old is your system, mostly RX580?

0 Likes
twjames66
Adept I

So here's an update....monitor went black at random, wasn't even doing anything but PC stays running have to hard Boot and Monitor never comes back on, boot two more times and GPU is still not sending power/signal to Monitor.  Unplug both ends of dvi cable unplug the power connector on the GPU re-seat the RX 580 in the slot. reconnect the dvi cable, re-boot no Joy!

I shut it down pulled the RX 580 out and put in an Older R7 booted up and monitor came on. I played around a bit on the system verified that the correct card was showing in the device manager and then loaded up Cities Skylines game. (loads fine albeit a lot slower with the older GPU). Ran the game for 10-15 minutes no issues. System seems to be stable atm.

The whole system is basically brand new however I just purchased it on a private sale locally from Craigslist so have no real recourse to warranty of any parts sad to say. Now I have just reduced the whole system to the clock speed of the older GPU currently running the system.

0 Likes

May I ask how much you paid for it?

If the GPU is new, it should have factory warranty - likely three years. Sounds like GPU is defective.

0 Likes

I paid 450

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (6 Core)
Mainboard Model: Gigabyte B450M DS3H

SDRAM:Corsair 16Gb Size 8192 MBytes X2

Radeon RX 580 Series 8gb

EVGA GOLD 700W (I believe)

iBuyPower ATX Case

0 Likes

If it is new parts, it is not bad.

Unfortunately it sounds like your GPU is defective. Don't know how craiglist works, but maybe you can contact seller and negotiate what to do.

0 Likes