cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ObiJuanKenobi
Journeyman III

RX580 drivers crashing and restarting, checkboard pattern of colored pixels all over screen

Hi, after searching the Internet and finding many different solutions (none of which helped) i thought maybe somebody here could help me.

My specs:

Mainboard: X370 gaming pro

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700

RAM: 16GB corsair vengeance led 2666MHz

GPU: rog strix rx580 8GB

PSU: RM750x

M2-SSD Samsung Evo 970 Pro 500GB, Sandisk SDSSDH3 500GB, 1TB HDD

Nothing is overclocked everything is running with stock settings

The Problem:

The PC was running fine like this for almost 3 years, last Saturday i had to change 2 things, i had to shortly transfer the Ryzen 7 1700 to another PC to update the bios of another mainboard, i reinstalled the CPU in this PC later the same day. And i recently had to replace a broken DVI cable on 1 of my 2 screens with a hdmi cable.

Since saturday in irregular intervals both my screens will suddenly have a checkboard pattern of colored pixels all over them, than the displays will become black and most of the time the radeon software will inform me that the graphics driver crashed and was restarted. The first time this happened i got a BSOD saying that there was a TDR failure, since then the graphics driver always managed to restart. It mostly happens while watching videos on youtube or browsing in general, until now it never happend while gaming.

The windows event viewer shows event-id 4101 "amdkmdag has stopped responding and was sucessfully recovered".

The windows reliability monitor shows a 141 hardware error.

Things i have already tried:

- Removing drivers with the amd clean up utility and reinstalling the latest stable version

- Removing drivers with DDU and reinstalling the latest stable version

- Running memtest86, it didnt show any errors

- Running cpu stability test without it showing any errors

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the amd chipset drivers

- Repairing system data with sfc /scannow

- Trying a different hdmi cable

- BIOS is updated to newest version

I really hope that somebody here can help me, this is driving me nuts.

If you need any more Information please let me know.

MfG Obi

0 Likes
1 Reply
Qanatoz
Challenger

"The Problem:

The PC was running fine like this for almost 3 years, last Saturday i had to change 2 things, i had to shortly transfer the Ryzen 7 1700 to another PC to update the bios of another mainboard, i reinstalled the CPU in this PC later the same day. And i recently had to replace a broken DVI cable on 1 of my 2 screens with a hdmi cable."

I marked what maybe causing you pain. Does your monitor have native hdmi support or you are using adapter?

If native - try to replace cable by another one shorter with better quality.

If not native - adapter is pain but you can use it if you know what causing glitch.

For example I'm using one with external power supply, those without external power supply caused crashes.

0 Likes