cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

f1nnegan
Journeyman III

RX580 doing way worse than supposed to

I got an RX580 a few days ago, installed it into my PC tried out a few games and everything was running fine. But as I took a closer look my frames were way lower than they were supposed to be. On CS:GO I'm getting 100-150 fps when all the benchmarks get 250-300. Same thing with Valorant. I get that the CPU might be a bottleneck but surely it wont eat up 100 frames!

These are my full specs, Please help:

Intel:core i5 3470

MSI Armor RX5804gb

crucial 8gb 1600mhz(2x4)

seagate barracuda 250gb hdd

wd blue 1tb ssd

evga 500w psu

0 Likes
5 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

The problem is not the CPU. The problem is the latency the Radeon driver gives depending on your processor. The Radeon driver may not work well in some games when it comes to giving high FPS.

0 Likes
f1nnegan
Journeyman III

Is this fixable and does it mean that fps in some games might not even be affected?

0 Likes

If you want to get higher FPS for CS-GO, you should get a better CPU. This situation cannot be fixed otherwise.

0 Likes

I'm also getting GPU Usage drops as well as core clock drops. Basically I have an overlay open in game and the GPU usage and core clocks drop to 0%. This is extremely annoying because as soon as they drop I get a a little stutter/fps drop. Is there any way to fix this? it seems that when I have my fans on max it helps a little. Max the temps ever reach is 65 and maybe maybe 70. Perhaps setting a minimum core clock/ usage will fix this but I haven't yet figured out how to. I benchamarked my gpu in unigine heaven and got 97 fps average on ultra so it probably was my cpu bottlenecking in csgo. However during the benchmark I got the same fps drops since the minum fps was 9. So at some point it dropped to 9. I might open a separate thread for this issue.

0 Likes

It is not right to change the CPU just by looking at one game. I think your CPU will work perfectly compatible with your graphics card and without any bottlenecks. But some games may not give high FPS depending on the Radeon driver, although the graphics quality is low. Some games may produce different results depending on the internet connection and server status. Also, some situations should be evaluated according to CPU usage. The problems you wrote are actually normal situations that occur when the GPU is used ver low.

0 Likes