mimisaki
Journeyman III

RX580 Blackscreening

PC spects: 
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX motherboard
Sapphire Radeon rx580 8gb
500w powersupply 
didn't really know what else to include here, sorry I don't know too much about computers, please ask me any questions if I don't make sense in my explanation I'm trying my best to explain it :((( 

As of a few weeks ago, my computer has started black screening occasionally, not just little monitor flickers. At first, it was only AFTER I'd be playing Rainbow6 (I get out a match, and I'm in the menu screen, and it'd black screen) for maybe about half an hour, but as of a few days ago, my computer started black screening sometimes when I'm just watching a youtube video. Although, these black screening problems seem to only occur after I play games; so if I turn on my computer and only browse the web, watch netflix, etc. etc. then it won't black screen the whole day, but if I was playing something prior to browsing, my computer'll black screen in a matter of minutes after closing it.

Another (probably) separate problem I've noticed is sometimes when I put my computer to sleep, I'm not able to turn it back on without having to fully turn it off (via just holding down the power button) and turning it back on after. To fix the black screening problem, I've tried increasing the speed of my fans (thought maybe the card was getting too hot), changing a few power settings, updating my display drivers, the good ol' unplugging and replugging in my dp cable (I thought maybe it had come loose), but alas, none of these solutions have availed.

A friend of mine told me it could be my powersupply while another was telling me I'm going to need a whole new graphics card since it seems many people with an RX580 seem to be facing similar problems. I would send it in for a few card, but I have no warranty. My PC is pretty young as well. I haven't even had it for a year, so I don't think any parts are dying on me. What should I do? Invest in a new card? A new powersupply? Any solutions I could try? I just want to get back to gaming goddamnit

0 Likes
0 Replies