Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

metalismus
Adept I

RX580 and my core i5 7500

Hi guys. Interesting problem

I use RX 580 with Pentium G4600 on my AsRock H100m DGS 3.0 and there is no problems.

But when i decided to replace G4600 on my core i5 7500 there is a problem, 7500 starts only on integrated graphics. BIOS doesnt detect RX 580 if 7500 installed. And as expected windows 10 cant see it too. 

And there is funny moment. if i replace back G4600 - everything is OK.

Bios is the latest ver. 7.50, power supply 650w, i tried to reset cmos and no effect

i bought another AsRock H100m DGS 3.0, and problem is the same.

im sure on 99% problem is on RX580. but whats wrong i dont know =/

0 Likes
1 Solution
metalismus
Adept I

And there's finish. I got answer from seller recently. And my RX580 is okay.

The problem is with core i5 7500. It worked only with pcie x8. And it cant send signal to x16. Such a wonderull problem...

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Try this method and see if the RX 580 is recognized.

First install the I5-7500 Intel processor and physically remove the RX 580 and power up the computer. Once it boots into Windows, shut down the computer and then install the RX 580 again and see if it recognizes it.

Generally if you install a GPU Card it should become the primary Display for Windows and the PC.

0 Likes

I tried it, and there's no effect..

Few hours ago i found working MSI HD7700 for test, and situation is the same.

motherboard with g4600 recognized hd7700 and it works normaly.

and with core i5 7500 signal is still on integrated video.

man who sold me this i5 7500 claims that he cheked everything on integrated video and on radeon r9. but his motherboard is on h270 chipset, hovever my is on h110.

So I just sent it back to him and waiting for feedback

By any chance did you try to install the AMD Driver again after the RX 580 wasn't recognized?

Also when you change processors you need to do a CMOS CLEAR to set the BIOS back to factory default and for BIOS to adjust to the new processor.

0 Likes

yes. amd says like "there is no supported device found" and its expected, if bios cant recognize, there is nothing to do for windows. cmos clear also has no effect (nevermind it was battery remove or lock up contacts with switch)

metalismus
Adept I

And there's finish. I got answer from seller recently. And my RX580 is okay.

The problem is with core i5 7500. It worked only with pcie x8. And it cant send signal to x16. Such a wonderull problem...

у меня так же стоит i5 7500 и RX 580 8GB 2048SP 

постоянно вылазят артефакты и не знаю что не так

до этого стояла GTX 980 zotac 4gb стояла хорошо 

переустановка драйверов и виды не

помогло

0 Likes