Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zhyyy
Adept I

RX580 8GB crashed

Hi guys

I got a problem with my RX580.

My pc often crashes when I play games(PUBG, Apex, few times in dota2) It is like black screen, and the GPU fan runs to the fastest and loud. The only way to turn the pc off is by cutting the power. 

Those only happened when I play 3D games(in dota2 it only crashed at the end of every game, kind of 3D) Reinstall the driver doesn't work but works by reinstalling the system. It won't happen again after I reinstall the system. It is strange that the screen often flicker, so I update the driver and the black screen problem comes back again. 

What should I do! Help!

0 Likes
1 Reply
arishaig
Journeyman III

Do you use two monitors by any chance? I had a similar issue with my RX580 with 2 monitors. If I ran a full-screen game the screen flickered black. I could alt-tab out and close the game or wait for it come back, but it was basically unplayable. The fix for me was to swap the ports for my monitors so that my main display in Windows was used the default main port. Previously I had 1 on the right, and 2 on the left. With the following configuration, I've had no issues.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes