cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

imiveooo_
Adept I

RX5700XT Green Screen

Hi, I bought an RX5700XT a few months ago. I have already made a warranty return but I still have problems.

SPEC :

• R7 2700
  • MSI B450 Gaming Plus
  • 16Go DDR4 Ballistix Sport LT Rouge - 16 Go (2 x 8 Go) 2666 MHz - CAS 16
  • Asus Radeon TUF RX 5700 XT O8G
  • Windows 10 1909
  • Driver 20.3.1 (I tried to put in old drivers but nothing solved the problem.)

I don't have any problems on the desk, except in video game. I have two errors in the windows event viewer.

10 Replies
xbl
Adept II

iv been having this issue alot recently. never used to be an issue. however from my experiance AMD dont care about forums as the last thread i was in regarding a sound issue with RX5700xt had loads of people with the same issue not one AMD person was seen commenting or suggesting help.

burgo361
Adept I

I also have the same issue my whole system locks up and then resets and won't reboot until I hard reset it sucks majorly, and hopefully they get around to actually reading their own support forum.

20.4.2 seems to have fixed the issue though it is still early, and I have thought that before.

0 Likes

Hate to be playing the party breaker, but it didn't solve it for me, don't get your hope to high man...

0 Likes
stirlo
Journeyman III

Hi, I tried everything mentioned on the different forums, until I found a post about changing the PCIe settings in the bios - my board is asus ROG x570 - from PCIe4.0 - to PCIe3.0. You can change each slot in the bios individually, so I changed this for my graphics card, has been stable now for 6 days, all games playing, no black screens, no mysterious re-boots. The bios is set at auto, changed initially to PCIe4.0 to see if this fixed it, no joy, then changed it to PCIe3.0 and so far so good. Only other comments was to make sure you uninstall the drivers before changing to PCIe3.0, I used DDU to do this. If things change I'll re-post, hopefully this helps. Maybe if AMD are reading they can investigate and fix....

My graphics card is RX5700XT.

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately I have a b450 so I don't have a pcie4.0. I have set the parameter to 3.0 for a long time without any problem being solved. Setting it to 2.0 would be a loss of performance... I don't know. 

0 Likes
karsh
Adept I

I have the exact same problem with green screen into automatic reboot of my PC and the same error in my event viewer (HID compliant headset), didn't find any workaround so far but maybe 20.4.2 will solve this. I will try it today

Me too, I still haven't found a solution. Even I've done 3 Windows re-installations because of this.

I'm going to test it today. I hope this will solve the problem.

0 Likes
karsh
Adept I

Well 20.4.2 does not fix the problem, it happens in a matter of second in AC syndicate or Battlefront II

I have the bug a lot on BeamNG, sometimes I can play for hours and sometimes five minutes and it crashes.

0 Likes