Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

kopuch
Adept I

RX5700 xt nitro+ pc freezing & restarts

Hi all.

I’m reopening this issue about this GC.

My computer suddenly, for no reason, while playing crashes and restarts. It happens randomly on games like COD Warzone or The Outer Worlds. 

I have tried some solutions that I found on forums (change priority, disable pci4, etc) but nothing really changes the result. After some minutes pc freezes for 10sec and restarts or just restarts…. Really annoying!!

What can be the reason?? Any ideas?

Specs

Ryzen 9 3900x

AMD Sapphire RX5700 nitro+

G.Skill tridentz 3600 32GB

Asus crosshair VIII hero X570

Samsung SSD

Coolermaster 750W

Clear format win 10 - All latest updates on drivers and bios

0 Likes
14 Replies
vanadium
Adept II

Re: RX5700 xt nitro+ pc freezing & restarts

Set Graphics Profile to Standard. I was getting random game crashes and short black screens. My system's monitor also wouldn't wake up after idle turn off unless I switched back and forth between HDMI and DisplayPort cables. The cause was Image Sharpening and/or Anti-lag. The Standard setting disables both and the issues went away.

Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+

0 Likes
rikimaruuk
Adept I

Hey i have 5700xt and 2700x

i got crashes for a whole year and never got a reply back from this forum

MY FIX:

turn off windows fast start up

START>type "power">power and sleep settings>additional power settings>"choose what the power buttons do"

here are my settings

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
kopuch
Adept I

Thank for your answer. All settings on Standard. Issues still here! 

0 Likes
kopuch
Adept I

Thank for your answer. Same settings . Issues still here! 

0 Likes
vanadium
Adept II

Check the temperatures of your system (CPU, GPU, Mobo, etc) using HWINFO64 Sensors. Are they excessively high prior to these issues happening?

I'd do a few passes of Memtest86 to check RAM stability. Also, if you have an extra PSU or GPU lying around, then maybe swap them in and see if issues persist?

0 Likes
aviadvigatel
Journeyman III

It's simply AMD's drivers and the adrenaline 2020... I had issues like this for 2 months, and got so sick and tired of it so sent it back and went to the green side... Never a single issue with nVidia... runs smoothly 24/7... Would think AMD would have fixed this issue by now, but guess not. So wanna try big navi when that comes out, but i dont dare using money on something that crazy unstable... AMD make fantastic on CPU's, but obviously struggles like crazy on the GPU front.

accn
Elite

only thing that helps me, it's installing 1 year old 19.7.5 driver, no black screens or crashes, but performance is worse and some new games require driver updates. 

0 Likes
barfie
Adept I

The first thing I would do is to check the temperatures.  Check the CPU temperatures as well. Overheating is a very common cause.

The next thing I would do would be to uninstall and reinstall the graphics card drivers.

If the problem still persists, I would then check the RAM.  Run memtest86 to check if you might have a defective module.

If there's still issues after that, try re-seating the components in your PC.  Ram, whatever you have in your PCI slots, hdd cables, etc.

0 Likes
king_of_pain14
Adept II

It's your memory. That kit of G Skill 3600 caused the same issues with my 3900X setup. I replaced it with FlareX 3200 CAS 14 problems gone! I even have it OC to 3600. Spend the money for Samsung B die, you won't regret it. It's a lot cheaper now than last year. Hope this helps. BTW: I have the Crosshair Impact X570 great motherboards these Crosshair Hero series are.

0 Likes