cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dancingcatrm
Journeyman III

RX5700 XT low frame rate and low benchmark score

Since I purchased the Sapphire reference rx5700xtcard on August 29th from Amazon, i have been suffering from the low-performance issue.

I am using 19.9.1 driver with a clean and fresh( installed this afternoon) windows 10 1903. The average frame rate per second in Rainbow Six siege is 122 under high setting and 1080p. My previous gtx1060 from Zotac have the same frame rate. I also noticed that my Time Spy score from 3DMark is only 4200, half of the benchmark score i can find online. 

In addition, I cannot read the frequency and temperature of my card through any software. I've tried Msi Afterburner, Wattman and 3Dmark. 

What should I do to boost the performance?

0 Likes
5 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Disable fast boot and turn off the display feature with Windows power options. Uninstall the old driver with AMD cleanup utility. Install the last driver. Go to the Userbencmark website and compare your hardwares according to user average.

0 Likes

Hi, I've tried your solution but it still not working.

mstfbsrn980 <amd-external@jiveon.com> 于2019年9月12日周四 上午5:04写道:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: RX5700 XT low frame rate and low benchmark score in Graphics

0 Likes

Install 19.9.2 driver and try again. Maybe it works properly.

0 Likes

No, the problem still persists. Guy from Sapphire thinks it is more likely

a physical failure rather than driver issue. I will send it to Sapphire

today.

mstfbsrn980 <amd-external@jiveon.com> 于2019年9月13日周五 上午4:23写道:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: RX5700 XT low frame rate and low benchmark score in Graphics

0 Likes

But older nvidia drivers, or a program running in the background, or an inappropriate monitor hertz value, or an old BIOS of the motherboard, or ... These can cause problems. Invite someone who understands from your computer to your home or office for your system. Maybe that person will solve the problem.

0 Likes