cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

koszalek
Adept III

RX5700 XT High Idle GPU Clock Frequency

hi all, after installing 20.2.2 drivers, GPU clocking in IDLE is 795 MHZ, do you also have one?

0 Likes
6 Replies
rufus1
Adept II

yep mine at 788mhzpastedImage_1.png It appears to be set that way but I could be wrong

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This behaviour is mentioned on the list of Known Issues of the 20.2.2 release notes

Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on

Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.

This is beautiful. You fix one thing, and then break others 

0 Likes

man i'm getting tired of this too...

i've been monitoring and analysing since i bought my new PC. All i can find is that this GPU gets way to hot and doesn't perform as it should.

i get lagspikes like crazy and now you tell me your driver that should fix it all actually broke something else?

COME ON!!!

0 Likes

Do you have a Reference card ?    Sent mine back      I had same till I got a Rog Strix Model 

0 Likes

yep. Reference model seems to be the worst of them all lol

i'm going to a computer store where i DIDN'T buy it to get a 2nd opinion and if they can't find anything wrong with my pc i'm going to the vendor to ask for a replacement... this is ridiculous 

0 Likes