cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fjcumberland
Adept I

RX5700 - new install - display quality issues

Hi - first time here!  My son just upgraded his gaming machine with an RX5700 card, and a X570 plus wifi motherboard.  Brand new Win 10 install .  Brand new SSD.  Brand new power supply.  Brand new memory.  There are vertical lines on the screen - please see attached photos.  Sometimes they disappear, but usually reappear shortly after boot up. Any thoughts?  Any help appreciated!

Cheers, Jim

0 Likes
4 Replies

Yeh, Rentageek is pretty good for those who have no clue what their doing.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thanks for your helpful comment.  Oh, and the correct word is either "they're" or "they are".  Not "their."  Speaking of those who have no clue what they are doing. 

0 Likes
dstmnd89x
Challenger

Not sure what the previous comment is supposed to mean but, I would consider RMA'ing the card since there are quite a few reports of similar issues. There is a chance that the strange anomalies are caused by a cable connection but that's the more unlikely scenario. Those lines, to me, are more indicative of faulty or bad VRAM.

If it were me, I would certainly just RMA the graphics card and not spend any additional time troubleshooting.

Thanks very much for the very helpful comment!  I appreciate the assistance.  He will check the cables, then we will RMA the card if that does not help.  I hope you have a great day!

Thanks again,

Jim