cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

xbl
Adept II

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

They sent the same to me and i said you can have your shitty card back and test it yourself. I paid for what should be a working product. Im not your alpha tester and i dont have another pc or time even if i did to piss around switching and downloading software and hardware.

How they can say its mandatory is a joke.

pokester
MVP

Is it too late for you to exchange the card for something else?

0 Likes
xbl
Adept II

Nope i got 30 days only on day 9 or 10

pokester
MVP

Then feel free to give it some time if you choose but I would return it before you can't if a solution doesn't present itself in that time. I was very sorry I hung on to a card thinking a fix would come a year and a half ago. I ended up with another and it works fine but that card is sitting unused on a shelf. Don't get stuck. The card should work out of the box at defaults. If it does not it is the very definition of defective.

0 Likes
kasferatu
Adept II

Sadly for me it is too late

0 Likes
nin
Adept II

Hey, i changed it in windows itself, tv doesnt need to be changed.

0 Likes
nin
Adept II

its a bit sad to read something like this. From what i've seen the whole sound connection seems to be interrupted from time to time, on my AVR i could see sound has been interrupted, the video seems fine nonetheless, maybe they should look into the establishment of the connection in itself. As i said farther above the 5.1 connection works flawlessly. Somethings a miss here. 

My Cousin uses an RX470 without any of this annoying issues.

Even with an unusual solve of the problem im also kinda a the point where i should've just stayed with NVidia, even tho there were no bad reports on AMD driver at the last gen. I dont even know where they missed out, i mean HDMI audio output is standard for modern PC user.

0 Likes
vmota
Adept III

Seriously they said that? AMD support is a joke, it's no wonder the cards are cheaper there is no support whatsoever. 

I bought it on release day as well and seeing the support I am stuck with it does not matter how good the product is this is my last piece of AMD hardware.

0 Likes
vmota
Adept III

I would suggest taking this thread to r/AMD it seems to affect quite a lot of people and maybe there it will have more exposure so they will maybe think about fixing this

0 Likes
vmota
Adept III

How could you do that? On my machine, the stereo is selected but the 5.1 and 7.1 are greyed out so I cannot select =(

I right-click on the sound icon on the taskbar -> spacial sound -> and options are there.

0 Likes