cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

M_xk8
Journeyman III

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem - FIXED!!!

I have just bought an XFX 308 6600 XT... i am using the audio through my HDMI 2.0 lead... i have also tried an 8K HDMI lead...

I am getting constant audo drop outs and no sound when gaming...

I have tried multiple driver versions, MS driver versions, various cables and settings with AMD software and NOTHING works... still has major audio issues through HDMI on a LG OLED TV.

HOWEVER... i have finally fixed it!!

I removed the AMD card... REPLACED with an NVIDIA card and it works GREAT! NO ISSUES at all...

conclusion - i have sent my AMD card back for refund and will stick with NVIDIA from now on.. the latest generation 6000 series card and still has major flaws!! 

In my opinion it is not a driver issue... it is a hardware issue!! 

0 Likes
Defendor
Journeyman III

Hello,

I have LG 55SM9010  Tv and Sapphire Radeon NITRO RX 6700 XT in my PC. As TV does not have DP port I connected it via HDMI. I had huge sound drops every one second.

I removed audio drops by using relatively cheap high speed cable with DP on one side and HDMI on other side. 

However when I extend my desktop via Optoma pojector (Tv is used only as a sound source with screen off) some audio lags are back.

0 Likes
daniels1
Adept I

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

So now I have tried using the DP port instead of HDMI but unfortunately the sound is still broken...

So in the end it doesnt matter what port you use, if you have problem with sound when using HDMI you will encounter the same issue with DP.

I would suggest that you instead use a different source for sound.

Im currently using optical output (toslink) from MB and it works great, I have zero issue with the sound now.

0 Likes
RPX100
Challenger

@daniels1 maybe this fix can help you to solve your sound issues for the GPU connections.

The sound issue is most likely caused by a bad driver install / Windows Update enforcing wrong drivers.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 21.9.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.0 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 3.09.01.140 ]
0 Likes
daniels1
Adept I

Thanks for the tip

But this issue with audio stuttering on RX5700 cant be solved with drivers since its a hardware problem.

So as I wrote the only way to fix it is to use a different source for audio and for that I would recommend using the optical output.

Im using that now and it works great.

0 Likes
nbaever3
Journeyman III

I have a support ticket put into both AMD and Sapphire (since I have the Sapphire Pulse version). I sent AMD a link to this thread as well. I hope they can get this fixed soon as outside of this issue my card works perfectly

0 Likes
Defendor
Journeyman III

So I was wrong. Direct connection via HDMI to Tv works for 6700XT. Problem is in extending desktop.

It looks like drivers do not like certain combination of resolution and frekvency.

e.g when sceen is duplicated (Tv and Optoma go with full HD) I have audio drops when se to 30Hz. When set to 59.940Hz it is OK.

0 Likes