cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

if you cannot resolve issues, try a different disk and a fresh install of windows and see if the problem is resolved

0 Likes
xbl
Adept II

done that was the 3rd thing I tried. nada. and I dont recommend anyone do this. the issue is drivers and AMD failed to test. this is not a standard issue of reinstalling windows its widespread and a AMD cowboy issue, FACT

0 Likes
vmota
Adept III

I have had the card with issues since launch, my ticket was even closed without being fixed and the best I got was "we'll look into it". If you can, return the card like the others here and swap for an RTX. 

Their concern right now is to improve performance for new games so that the card looks good on benchmarks and people buy it. They are not gonna fix this anytime soon.

0 Likes
vmota
Adept III

I would say it will be a waste of time since I have read similar issues on older card models with some previous drivers with audio dropout. I guess that this is a recurring bug they have.

But if you have the time and patience just go for it.

0 Likes
kasferatu
Adept II

This is the latest I've got from tech support:

"If feasible I request you to check your   Radeon rx 5700xt    with another good known system and check the issue status.

Or connect the monitor directly from  the mother board and check the issue status.

Thanks for contacting AMD."

I'm not sure what to do with this to be honest. I've already told them I have a second PC connected to my TV that doesn't have the problem.

0 Likes
xbl
Adept II

just say you have done it. and say its a defo a feasible driver error lol

heres my reply. barely even in english

Dear Stephen

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200901270]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for the response.

I understand your concern, I suggest you once please try for the FRTC settings using the Radeon overlay and check the issue status.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-026#faq-Adjust-FRTC-Settings-Using-Radeon-Overlay 

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/frtc  

also once perform the AMD optimal gaming settings and check the issue status.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-012  

And I request you check the issue status by disabling Realtek drivers in the system and let me know the status.

Thanks for contacting AMD.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

Padmanab

AMD Global Customer Care

0 Likes
xbl
Adept II

and im not sure how they think FRTC is going to help the sound issue out.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

vmota wrote:

I would say it will be a waste of time since I have read similar issues on older card models with some previous drivers with audio dropout. I guess that this is a recurring bug they have.

But if you have the time and patience just go for it.

I do not have a large box of Radeon cards to experiment with. 

I do not use HDMI audio as my LCD does not have speakers on my 4K panel. I use DisplayPort as HDMI is not able to do HDR 4:4:4 etc.

I do have other panels that do have crappy audio. My R5 2400G seems to work.

I have a far better sounding bluetooth sound system.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

xbl wrote:

done that was the 3rd thing I tried. nada. and I dont recommend anyone do this. the issue is drivers and AMD failed to test. this is not a standard issue of reinstalling windows its widespread and a AMD cowboy issue, FACT

At least now it's clear that there is a hardware issue.

0 Likes
kasferatu
Adept II

I just don't even understand what they are asking.  I sent them details including that I have a Ryzen 3700x, so an AMD employee should know that connecting to the motherboard would do nothing since there is no integrated graphics.  Crazy.

0 Likes