cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

sp3ci3s8472
Adept I

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

I solved it another way, or at least I think. System has been stable in games with multiple monitors and audio is normal.

I used the 19.11.3 drivers with the 20.3.1 Audio drivers. However, instead of the normal 5.1 speaker setup I now choose Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, this requires you to download the app from the store (you don't need to purchase anything unless you want to use headphones). The good thing about this is that I can configure it to have 5.1 or 7.1 or something else instead of the stereo (which still did not work even with pass-through). This solution works with pass-through for me, my receiver now correctly detects Dolby Atmos, DTS, Dolby Digital, that TrueHD format etc.

This seems to have solved it for me; I will report in if things crash

0 Likes
impericon
Journeyman III

I just switched from 5.1 to "dolby atmos for home theater" in Windows, without your split driver solution, and so far the sound seems to work without drop outs. I'm on the newest drivers 20.4.1. 

Edit: Nope it didn't 

0 Likes
xjmnz
Adept I

These issues have still not been fixed?! Ridiculous. I've settled on using Microsoft audio drivers. Much better but still has intermittent drop outs.

0 Likes
zezba9000
Adept I

Just use external speakers or sound-bar.  Other big issue with these cards is PCE4 hard crashes my PC. (and yes I have a new 300$ ASUS MB designed for PCE4.  AMD GPU's are a joke on Windows (I should boot up in Linux and see if the issue exists with the open source drivers).

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

xjmnz wrote:

These issues have still not been fixed?! Ridiculous. I've settled on using Microsoft audio drivers. Much better but still has intermittent drop outs.

I have also run into the intermittent audio drop outs. Even using a USB audio gizmo.

0 Likes
n00bm
Adept I

It's because of the AMD HD Audio Driver. Whatever version you have, you have to use another driver or if you use the AMD Driver, you have to get the Dolby software to do the audio processing. See my solution on my previous posts. It works for some people. Also, make sure you don't forget the other steps before using the Dolby driver/software. i.e. connecting your PC directly to the receiver and setting your PCIe slots in the Bios to Gen3 or Gen4. As long as it's not set to "Auto"

0 Likes
n00bm
Adept I

Yea, that works. It's basically the same solution. You're using the Dolby Driver/Software on top of the AMD Driver. This causes direct audio processing to be done by the Dolby driver/receiver before going to the sound system instead of just the AMD and/or Generic audio Driver.

0 Likes
xjmnz
Adept I

I appreciate your help but installing that Dolby driver didn't work for me; I still experienced intermittent cut outs. Additionally, turning Dolby Atmos On/Off within the software sounded exactly the same.

This is plugged into an LG B8 TV.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

AMD audio does not handle a USB device which is an independant audio device and it depends on the windows audio

I use the USB sound device to check if there are other problems and I have found there are problems galore

0 Likes
seccadcaglayan
Journeyman III

Hello Guys, I am using Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. After I disable PBO and lock Freq. 4.2 GHz audio drops decrease. After that, I enable instant replay from Radeon software and audio drop has gone for good (I guess). Currently, I don't have any problem sound of games and Also watching movies. I hope that 2 method helps you.

0 Likes