cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

farns
Adept I

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

It's probably because he reinstalled windows. I had to to do a reinstall for some other issues, but did not use a 3rd party AV until windows was fully updated, since windows had some antivirus problems with updates not so long ago. Also WATTMAN can cause issues. You can choose not to install it by clicking custom when installing the driver.

You use a HDMI cable for your speakers? DP carries sound just like a HDMI cable from what I understand.

To zen disable hardware acceleration in your browser and enhanced sync in wattman if it's on.

0 Likes
shobu007
Adept I

Thanks amd for dvier version Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.1

I can't see a f***ing thing there written about the sound stuff but this is the s**t guys!!! for me it definitely fixed the HDMI sound.

The sound was not dropping at all for me, but it was not clear at all, always like breaking something, making the speakers crackle and noisy...

0 Likes
41kuroneko
Adept I

Nope, doesn't work for me. Audio still cuts off on my 5700xt

chucktownrc51
Adept II

Didn't work for me either. 

0 Likes
gemini002
Adept III

The same, only thing that works somewhat steady is uninstalling audio driver. Using device manage use default Audio driver(Non AMD)

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

guess one alternative is to use the motherboard audio and feed that into some speakers

that or use bluetooth like i do

0 Likes
kasferatu
Adept II

Unsurprisingly, update also has done nothing for me.  Pretty annoying.

duox7142
Adept I

Hey all,

Updated drivers changed the issue. Prior, I was having the audio crackling and overall awful sound quality. Now, my sound just periodically stops. 

I haven't reinstalled the whole PC since installing the graphics card, but ive used all clean driver reinstall tools like DDU to try and resolve this issue to no avail.

0 Likes
xbl
Adept II

same issues here sound is awful, drops in and out constantly whether im in a game or just listening to music on spotify.

games freeze and sometimes windows just restarts during games. destiny 2 and world of warships being the worst but not tried all 600+ games as I feel its gonna be the same.

I have reinstalled windows and nothing has helped.

2 support tickets sent with 1 about audio (no one has gotten back to me over the last week)

1 for game issues (since they asked for the DXdiag 3 days ago iv had no reply)

guess ill be returning the card as AMD have not still acknowledged any of the issues for anyone, the lack of care or hell even testing before release is just insane.

and to tell people they shouldn't use 3rd party devices (like what am I supposed to buy a AMD TV, MONITOR, SPEAKERS, AMP.) 

kasferatu
Adept II

I was asked to use DDU to do a full clean install of the latest drivers but this hasn't changed anything.  It feels like they don't even realise this is not an isolated issue and there are multiple of us having it.

0 Likes