cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

randomsynapse
Journeyman III

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

Farns, are you running DP for your monitor but using HDMI for audio?

With the build I'm considering, I need DP for the 144hz to the monitor, but I'll need HDMI putting audio to the reciever at the same time.

0 Likes
farns
Adept I

I'm using DP for my monitor, it carries audio also. But I use separate speakers for my audio with a microphone jack type cable. I can use either my monitor through the DP or my side speakers.

0 Likes
vmota
Adept III

A new driver is out but doesn't fix s*** for me... Let me know if you had better luck

faud
Adept I

To re-iterate...if you can, return your card to the shop and see if they can mark it as a D.O.A.

0 HDMI audio issues with the Nvidia Super/RTX series since getting rid of the 5700XT.

vmota
Adept III

You're right... I just checked and my ticket was marked as closed without even giving me an update if the issue was verified or whatever.

I was avoiding because I got it on Amazon and have to ship it somewhere but I guess that's better to go through that than sitting around waiting for them to provide decent customer service.

kasferatu
Adept II

I'm another having this issue.  Tried multiple cables and also don't have the problem on my older PC running a GTX970.  Just this RX5700XT.  Sound just intermittently stops and starts whilst playing a game or listening to Spotify.  It's disappointing if AMD will not acknowledge this and our only resort is to swap the graphics card for something else.

spiritreaver
Adept I

So I'm reading on other forums with people with similar audio dropout issues that forcing the pcie slot to run at 3.0/GEN3 (instead of "Auto") in bios helped a bunch of people.

I tried this in mine and it didn't work, so YMMV. Though I'm running a very old mobo and only have 2.0/GEN2. I'll be upgrading to Zen2 next week so I'll have to see if it fixed it for me. If not I'm going to return this card.

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

spiritreaver wrote:

So I'm reading on other forums with people with similar audio dropout issues that forcing the pcie slot to run at 3.0/GEN3 (instead of "Auto") in bios helped a bunch of people.

I tried this in mine and it didn't work, so YMMV. Though I'm running a very old mobo and only have 2.0/GEN2. I'll be upgrading to Zen2 next week so I'll have to see if it fixed it for me. If not I'm going to return this card.

I abandoned HDMI audio for bluetooth a long time ago. This allows me to have a better experience.

I live in an apartment building so I use my Skullcandy headphones which means I can play games all day and nobody cares

0 Likes
animeangel
Adept I

I found some comment on internet that he found this sould via hdim problem on his AMD set but when he changed his card to Intel set instead, anything is fine... 

Is it true? Anyone of you guys with this problem using Intel? 

vmota
Adept III

Yeah mine is an intel CPU