cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

vmota
Adept III

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

Thanks for the proposed workaround but I have tried this one before (differently) but the result should have been the same, it did not work for me although sound output was slightly more stable.

What I did was going on device manager and uninstall AMD HD Audio Driver for the device and install different ones from the list of available, I even tried all the versions that showed up on the listing including the windows (default) one. But none of them seemed to have work for me.

In any case, I will try your method because I really want sound through HDMI

But lesson learned... When you cheap out on 50 bucks and don't get an Nvidia this is what you get I guess

0 Likes
faud
Adept I

As an update. Its better, but definitely not fixed for me.

vmota
Adept III

Yeah, no luck on my side as well

0 Likes
faud
Adept I

Has anyone tried the 19.8.1 update? If so, did it resolve the issue?

0 Likes
vmota
Adept III

Not for me... Somehow it makes it even worse with no sound at all. Also tried a clean install.

I don't think they have acknowledged this issue yet.
0 Likes
faud
Adept I

That's a shame...I hope they address this. Do you have a support ticket open too?

0 Likes
xlxmackxlx
Adept I

I installed the 19.8.1 and once i restart i get bluescreen and Atikmdag.sys error

0 Likes
vmota
Adept III

Stay out of this update it is BSOD to me all the time. Completely breaks Steam's big picture mode.

What a mess, it seems like we are the QA team... I only wish I was still on time to return mine

0 Likes
animeangel
Adept I

They only updated display driver but audio driver always 10.0.1.12.  I am not sure when they will take a look on this issue. I bought this card for a month but could not use it until now. Fortunately I still have my old card to replace. Really hope they will solve it soon.   

0 Likes
gemini002
Adept III

I have done this and audio is better. It still cuts out from time to time.

0 Likes