Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

AJWibble
Journeyman III

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

Well here's an odd one for you all...

I have a clone of my nvme drive on a samsung sata ssd - no issues on the sata drive but audio dropouts on the nvme.

0 Likes
AJWibble
Journeyman III

And that fix didn't last - several reboots later and the problem is back so it was nothing to do with the nvme drive :(

0 Likes
shodan
Journeyman III

I'll repost here too: There are 3 pseudo-solution for this appart from going team green.

- Download and activate the dolby (the free version) : downsides sound still drop but muting, unmute kinda work.
- Put load on the card, like light benchmark as an old furmark : downsides > fan noise, power consumption.

- Try to go DP to HDMI, either directly with a cable or with an active adaptor : downsides > sometimes sound get distorted with noise, Often after a wake up from sleep. Just press mute and unmute. Also you may have good sound only in 1920x1080, 720 will be distorted, under 800x600 : no sound over 1080p can get some cut, over 1440 no sound again

THANK AMD FOR THIS! I wonder how you can still have the HDMI compliance... 

This is not really a software bug, it's a driver/hardware bug, ' seems like AMD cannot find out how to cope with their DPC latency and ISR execution time.

0 Likes
restgarc
Journeyman III

Could it be that AMD is trying to avoid a video card recall?

0 Likes
dseto
Adept I

I think they are trying to avoid a recall for sure, i wish they would at-least offer trade-in for another card , I am  more then willing to pay the difference for a 6800xt , but i just don't want to lose all the money invest for the 5700xt.

0 Likes
psonerpg
Journeyman III

Ok so i had the same issues as everyone else, try this and it should work

go to the amd 5700 official driver page download the latest complete package 

which should be 21.1.1, once you download extract the whole package to a folder on your desktop

once this is done go into the folder, click on packages then drivers then audio then hdmi

then you will see a folder named WT64A Click on it

then open the AtihdWT6.inf scroll to this line

HKR,PowerSettings,PerformanceIdleTime,1,0A,00,00,00
then change it to this and save it, if it gives you a need administration rights just save it on the desktop then replace it in the folder
HKR,PowerSettings,PerformanceIdleTime,1,00,00,00,00

after this install the whole pack from setup like usual

reboot the computer and test it out you should not be experiencing any audio cutouts anymore

0 Likes
dseto
Adept I

Gave the noted .inf mod a try, still no such luck for me with Gigabyte Aorus 5700XT Rev.1

HKR,PowerSettings,PerformanceIdleTime,1,00,00,00,00

0 Likes
psonerpg
Journeyman III

that sucks, well make sure you completely uninstall all your amd drivers first, you can do it with something like DDU, also you can try to put HDMI Assurance on in the AMD Control panel and turn off stuff like free sync, enhanced sync and try setting your Color depth to 10 if you have a oled or HDR Screen, a weird thing i noticed is mine only started to do it recently i had this card for 5 months and it was fine. so if worse comes to worse try to do a complete fresh install of windows. also some people have had luck changing setting in their bios but the only thing that worked for me was the edit. also if you use headphones the issue seems to not exist cause it's using the realtek drivers instead of hdmi

0 Likes
psonerpg
Journeyman III

also i don't think it'll make a difference but mine is a regular MSI Evoke 5700 not a XT

0 Likes
dseto
Adept I

I like too many users with this card have tried all the suggested methods found on the web, but no luck as it does seem to be a hardware \ chip issue. 

i think makes a difference on the usage, for example mine is strictly for HTPC with bitsteam to the AVR , so it happens a lot with Atmos and DTS-X, not as frequent with DTS or Dolby Digital, but still does happen in these formats regardless.