cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

I had this issue with 5700xt and 6800xt on Denon receiver as well. What fixed it for me is turn on pure audio direct mode on receiver. 

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have them both, Only the 5700XT has this problem, my VEGA 64 and my 6800XT don't happens I see that PC facts youtube channel's test that and don't face this problem anytime too,

Only happens when dolby atmos is on,

but when you Setup on 6800XT PCM 5.1 or 7.1 16/24/48/192 this don't happen's, and still decode's atmos sound.

0 Kudos
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

did you guys tried a 2.0 or 2.0b HDMI cable?

i know that this in theory should not be the problem - but please check that

PC: R7 2700X @4.1GHz + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Issue: HDMI link / audio drops when streaming from PC 

Setup:

RX 5700 (w XT bios)

Samsung HW-N950 soundbar (HDMI input)

LG OLED B8 (HDMI ARC)

Possible fixes tried so for:

- AGESA 1.0.0.6 bios update

- Set PCI to GEN3 in bios

modified Adrenaline 20.12 audio driver 

- Installed 18.10.1 audio driver

- disabled Realtek drivers

- reinstalled Radeon drivers after DDU cleanup

- DP adapter (works but you loose HDR with DP 1.2)

FIX that worked:

Make sure you set your LG OLED to use YCbCr 4:2:0 Pixel format and 10 bpc Color Depth. 

Before setting 10bpc, the HDR logo appeared every timed i switched from Desktop to 3D HDR content.

When the video card entered idle state (0% use) the HDMI link failed causing black screen. Sometimes for a second and then the connection was reestablished until the link failed completely and i had to switch to another input on my soundbar and then back. The issue manifested in games, PLEX streaming, or without any app (desktop).

After i switched to 10bpc i have no problem. The HDR logo appears only when i turn on the TV (HDR turned on in Display Settings). Atmos works fine, PLEX works fine with both HDR and ATMOS / DTS, gaming works fine.

Please try this and if it works come back with feedback. 

There are a lot of complaints out there regarding this issue and i read in similar topic that most of them are using LG OLED displays. Also, i don't think anyone wants to spend an extra 30$ on a DP 1.4 - HDMI adapter witch i also think it works. My DP1.2 adapter solves the problem but it's not HDR capable.

LG HDMI fix 2.pngLG HDMI fix.png

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Hi guys, 

I actually found this interresting things by looking at the amd high definition audio device. I have an rx5600xt and I'm experiencing giga audio dropout on Bitstream to my audio receiver and less but anyway too much on pcm multichannel to my receiver in every application, games, Netflix (onkyo txsr-494). Nothing when I'm on my USB headset, hdmi problem maybe, just falsy hdmi audio controller ?  I'm sad because my actual amd card can't do what my gtx 960 was doing easily (transmit audio correctly lol), this is just ridiculous. Actually I'm even more sad because I just found that the "amd high definition audio driver" hasn't been updated since April, this is the same  for every released since the 20.7.2. Wtf? 

This my first amd card, I'm sad I surely made a mistake...

I'm actually on the 20.11.2, the more stable for playing with a rx5600xt.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

The amd high definition audio driver date that window is showing to me is 01/04/2020? And the version is 10.0.1.6. Just after the release of this version (high definition audio driver version of the 20.7.1), amd reported in the 20.7.2, the audio stutter when connected to an av receiver! Guys they never fixed it because the driver never changed since this version. IMG_20210102_034657.png

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

IMG_20210102_035230-min.jpg

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Look at the end of this thread, the person there may be on to a sort of fix.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/rx-5700-xt-hdmi-audio-bugfix/m-p/68780#M9388

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

The modified drivers did not work for me. But setting the panel to 10bpc did. Try it ! You have the instructions a few posts above .

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I can't understand why changing a color depth that is used for hdr screen can actually solve any audio issue through avr... I don't have an hdr screen, only my avr have it on, it transmit the image to basic projector

0 Kudos