Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

pokester wrote:

In the current gen that is what I see at Micro Center. The only cards they have a lot of are RX 5700 series.

I have seen on NewEgg some low end cards, not so many uppity cards. Prices are still out of line with fair value.

Over on eBay a used 5700XT was close to $400 bid. I was watching it to see what the values are as it opened at 99 cents.

0 Likes
comandante_j
Adept I

Another user with problems reporting in. Ever since i got my new TV, LG C9, around 5 months ago, constant cuts. Before the last driver update (i'm on 20.10.1) it was bad, but at least i could play graphically intensive games and it only cut when playing older games... now i cant even play FS 2020 because the audio cuts more time than it is on. It's hopeless. I'm forced to play with a headset, which i hate, specially for long sessions. I love AMD but i'm gonna have to hear from people about this issue on the new gen of cards befor even thinking about getting one... and let's hope the new consoles dont have this problem, either.

shendoe
Journeyman III

it is always LG oled or SM series

have you tried any of possible solutions featured above?

0 Likes
rockovissi
Adept II

Well I don’t know about anyone else, but after a year of having to mute Windows and unmute it to get the sound back, or having to wonder why Windows isn’t keeping my audio settings every time I boot my PC and it’s in Stereo and not Dolby Atmos, at this point I’m just keeping an eye on the 6000 series. I’ll be looking at forums for problems because I’m not dealing with this again. It’s not my many HDMI cables and brands that I’ve tried, it’s not my AV receiver, it wasn’t my RX480. I want that 6800XT and hoping there’s no audio issues.

0 Likes
comandante_j
Adept I

I've tried lots of things... changing the HDMI driver, getting a DP to HDMI adaptor, getting a really expensive Belking HDMI 2.0 cable, tried all audio optios (PCM and bitstream in both stereo and 5.1), I haven't tried Atmos because, although my TV can decode it, I dont have the license in Windows (and I'm not paying for it). But from what i've read, it still drops the audio.

And I can't use another GPU because my TV only accepts audio from the HDMI it's displaying, if I had a separate receiver I could run the audio separetely, I think.

I havent tried with another TV or monitor, and frankly, moving either the computer or another TV to get them together is a real chore, the smallest TV with HDMI audio I got is 50 inches, and the computer uses a big Corsair Obsidian 750 case and watercooling.

0 Likes
vash8888
Adept I

Most people which have this issue have an LG oled from what I've seen so

far, me included. I've returned the card months ago because I don't believe

this issue will ever be sorted out.

I suggest you do the same and buy an Nvidia card. Or you could buy an RX

6000 card and return it if the problem persists.

Can't wait to use my new 3070.

0 Likes
rockovissi
Adept II

Dolby Atmoa for Home Theater for Windows is free. Just download the app from the Windows Store. You only have to pay the license for Dolby Atmos for Headphones. I didn’t pay for that because I don’t use headphones unless I’m playing on my Oculus Rift and Windows Sonic is just fine for that. Otherwise, being connected to my receiver, I select Dolby for Windows and in only that will you actually get an Atmos signal of a game supports it. I’ve tested this out with Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

comandante_j
Adept I

Oh, I see, when i clicked that before it lead me to the MS Store to download the Dolby App and inside i saw the option to buy something, so i thought i had to pay for a license, i didnt notice the second option to configure an Atmos setup, just downloaded it again and activated it, so far it displays the Dolby logo on screen...

Interesting, i've tried with Flight Sim 2020, before, in most areas the sim would simply be unflyable, audio-wise, constant cuts between 0.5 to 4 seconds long, all the time, probably more silence than audio if you added it up.

Now, instead of getting silent, it "pops", like when you move a dirty jack connector for a headphone, but i doesnt really seem to "drop" like it did before. I can see the audio device "dropping" in the control panel, but it seems to recover much faster than without the Atmos being on, so fast that it just pops and audio continuity is not broken too much.

It's better, for now, i'll have to test more games that where literally unplayable before (Cities: Skylines comes to mind, basically no sound on that one). 

Still not perfect, i would be pissed if it was like that, but given that it's better than what i've been experiencing until now, i guess i can live with it... altough yeah, i'm going to try to return it as soon as the 6000 series are available. Having the audio pop and creak all the time is still unaccepable.

Thanks, BTW, I think i would have never tried that again without you mentioning it!

0 Likes
rockovissi
Adept II

No problem! And again, I’m pretty sure you have to have Windows in Dolby Atmos in order for a game that supports it to actually be in it. I tried setting Windows in just 5.1 and put Shadow of the Tomb Raider in Windows Spatialization in the game settings and my receiver did not detect an Atmos signal. Only when I put Windows in Atmos was the game in Atmos and my receiver reported it.

0 Likes
forestdream
Adept I

I tried various ways but the problem kept happening.

Although the problem was not resolved, AMD moved the problem to fixed issue.

This problem is not likely to be solved forever.

Recently I bought nvidia 3070 Founders Edition and will not use AMD card from now on.

0 Likes