cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

taurea
Elite

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

Hmm... No drops are still there. They are rare and few, but every now and then, it still drops.

Once, I've just had the audio disappear completely and I had to restart my playback to get the audio back. This has also happened before and is nothing new, but just still not fixed with 20.10.1.

Things are better for sure, but it is NOT fixed, just improved…

And now we have to struggle with AMD yet again, because they now think it is fixed…    and it took us 3 years to get it on the known issues list.

crap.

pokester
MVP

Just make sure you report it back to them.

0 Kudos
taurea
Elite

I did, but I can't be the only one. You guys need to report this to them as well. Do your own tests if needed, but make sure to report the issue, so they can see that it is still a problem for a lot of people, if not all of us still.

pokester
MVP

Yes more reporting helps a lot. All affected need to report it. 

0 Kudos
bcakmak
Adept I

Sorry for giving a too early judgement about my problem because the problem was disappeared only for 2-3 days and after that the problem was back again... now I gave up after trying two months ... this is a very clear AMD Radeon RX grafic card problem since the same setup with my Alienware laptop I didn't have any problem like this...  On the other hand, I wanted to deliver my AMD Readon RX back but it s a bit too late I guess. I can not realy on AMD anymore since  this is a urgent problem, not a minor one ... it seems they don't really care about  and still could not  fix it that after years, that is a big shame.

bcakmak
Adept I

can someone write down the link of AMD support to open a ticket ? 
so much wasting time they cause us !

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

Here you go. IMHO they make it very, very, very hard to find:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

taurea
Elite

Use the button in the Radeon software.. It's the button on the top right, just left from the question mark icon.

pokester
MVP

That is the bug report 1 way reporting, but no 2 way conversation can be had through that link. If you want answers back use the link I provided. 

0 Kudos
taurea
Elite

With all due disrespect to AMD's support, I'm really not interested in their useless answers. 

0 Kudos