cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

rockovissi
Adept II

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

I thought about doing that. I only have a 500 watt PSU and the RX 5700 requires at least a 600 watt PSU. I’ve never had any problems though. I think the rest of my system is pretty low profile. I’ll eventually replace it in the future as I’m sure I’m going to need a higher wattage PSU.

0 Kudos
BobJoEe
Adept I

I have solved my HDMI audio issue by disabling 'Bitstream' input, instead setting 'PCM' in the TV side settings. Give it a try.

0 Kudos
taurea
Elite

Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but would that not force analog audio? I'd like to keep running Digital 5.1 through my receiver. Pro Logic would make me go sadface.

0 Kudos
epicfai1z
Adept I

As a follow up to my original post when you update the drivers with Radeon Software the audio bug may return simple unistall the High Definition Driver and software again in the device manager and then scan and it should be working again. And even if you disable Realtec in BIOS if the driver is there it will mess with the drivers regardless so it must be disable in the Device Manager

0 Kudos
rockovissi
Adept II

As of 07/14 with driver 20.7.2 they’ve finally acknowledged audio issues when getting to a Home Theater receiver as a known issue.

taurea
Elite

WHAT ?! Am I dreaming? Can this be real? Does anyone else see that light or is it just me? Do I go towards the light?

rockovissi
Adept II

I don’t know but I’ve sent so many tickets to them describing my setup with manufacture and model numbers exactly in detail. It’s nice to hear that it’s at least a “known issue” now.

0 Kudos
taurea
Elite

Oh trust me. I've had my "fun" with their support team too….. OMG doesn't even come close to describing it !

0 Kudos
vash8888
Adept I

Let's just hope it won't take another year to fix it. I am a software tester by profession and I've been sending them very detailed tickets every driver release since October.

vmota
Adept III

I almost cannot believe it... maybe its this bug 1 year anniversary gift let's just hope it does not take another year to fix

0 Kudos