cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

sp3ci3s8472
Adept I

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

Do note that on my system after a boot I had to set it again on the Dolby Atmos for Home Theater. If I don't it is stuck on 7.1. So if it was after a reboot that it stopped working check that! I don't have the solution yet for keeping it on Dolby Atmos after a boot .

No problems yesterday while gaming, even multiple screens on and video playing in one of them. Before that I couldn't do that without weird audio drops or screen issues.

Edit:

Nope, unless my config is wrong somewhere it didn't work. Had after 5 hours artifacts and no audio, switching on receiver on/off solves it for a few hours though. It might be better than before but it is hard to tell.

Conclusion, the AMD HDMI driver sucks.

0 Likes
maxx84
Adept II

AMD Starts Rolling Out AGESA 1.0.0.5 BIOS Firmware 

• Updated AMD AGESA ComboAm4PI 1.0.0.5
  • Fix HDMI audio lost issue when use AMD RX570 vga card.

I suppose "AMD RX570" its a typo and they actually meant RX5700.

0 Likes
vash8888
Adept I

Out of curiosity is anyone having these problems with an Intel MB? I'll test the new BIOS as soon as it's available for the B450 Tomahawk (non max)

0 Likes
voodooman
Journeyman III

The problem does not seem to be motherboard related, the problem comes from the graphics card.

0 Likes
tschi
Adept I

Hello,

I have the problem with a RX5600 XT SAPPHIRE PULSE.
Does someone else get the issue with a RX5600 ?

I use the card for HTPC, this issue is a pitty

I made a test yesterday, using reclock for audio renderer it seems there no more issue but it still need to be test during a long period and reclock is only for x86 player and it's not a soluti

0 Likes
tschi
Adept I

I have check your workaround. unfortunately when I try to do bitstream with 5.1 format, the pc send PCM 2 channels to the AVR. In the sound information, it's seems the driver indicate the AVR can not support 5.1 format. I have try using mpcbe + lavfilters.

Bistreaming conf was working well before  

0 Likes
rockmong
Adept I

I solved the audio cut out stuttering problem by using an older HDMI driver.
That's version 10.0.1.07.

Included in Radeon ™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 

It is located in the package \ drivers \ audio \ hdmi \ WT64A folder.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-10-1

Please overwrite the driver via manual update and restart

i dont know why maybe audio cut out again 

try driver overwrite again restart 

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

You should report the issue and how you fixed it with the older file to AMD. It may aid them in isolating why the current drivers are an issue. 

Send your results to AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes
rockovissi
Adept II

Unfortunately this didn’t work for me. I’ve had these issues since day one when I got the card in October. Some games it’s fine but mostly it’s not. I originally had Windows in Dolby Atmos for Home Theater and that would make the audio go out indefinitely until you hit mute and then un-mute. Then it would just go out again after a few seconds. It was constant. But if I put Windows in 5.1, the audio cuts in and out constantly. I hate it. I tried downloading those old drivers and only installed the HDMI audio drivers but that didn’t work for me.

rockmong
Adept I

Thanks I had report it and add

Im use TV arc with Yamaha sound bar  first time i had same Hdmi audio issue too by using arc Hdmi cable 1.4 (low spec) and TV EDID setting 

I solved problem by an arc Hdmi cable change to 2.0 and TV arc Hdmi port setting EDID 1.4  change to 2.0 ( Each Hdmi port) 

Symptoms of equipment and driver problems are the same ( audio cut out )

I hope this helps.

Sorry about my bad English