cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

ajlueke
Grandmaster

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

What is interesting, is the issue appears to be Navi related.  I do not have a Navi board on my theater system.  I have an RX 570 going to the receiver via HDMI, and I do not have any audio problems.  I use KODI, Amazon, Disney+ and Netflix on that system.  Looks like the previous posts associated that with low idle clocks in Navi.

Here is something I would try if you haven't already.

Under the sound settings in Windows 10, select the AMD HDMI device, and select "device properties".  Then select "additional device properties".

Under the speaker properties window, select the "advanced tab".  Does turning the "hardware acceleration" option off help with these issues?  That should for the audio processing over the CPU, rendering the low idle clocks in Navi moot. 

digitaleternal
Adept II

I may have stumbled upon a solution, sort of. I'm not sure why I didn't notice the speaker setup options when you right-click on the volume icon in the systray before - I guess I'm too used to doing it through the SB driver. But, it was set to stereo, setting it to 5.1 seems to have stopped the issue entirely. I've only tested with a couple of games and will continue testing more when I have a chance but it seems to be gone.

0 Likes
himura1991
Journeyman III

For me the big thing was with spotify... you can try it.

0 Likes
kasferatu
Adept II

Another one still having issues

0 Likes
zezba9000
Adept I

@himura1991 That AMD response isn't a solution and everyone here has tried that.  Also DO NOT disable windows update... why AMD reps are telling people to do that is stupid and they're just trying to shift the blame to Windows when it has nothing to do with Windows (3rd party software is normally a problem before Windows is). It has nothing to do with 1909 as it was an issue before that. It also has nothing to do with corrupt driver installs as many have new computers here.

Its possible its a BIOS issue and AMD has F'ed up so bad with the 5600 release they're scared to even admit there is a core issue on the hardware. Otherwise I don't see how this isn't fixed already. Fingers crossed their "Nvidia killer" cards drivers and BIOS aren't broken as sh*t.

taurea
Elite

@digitaleternal  -  I tried that a while back too, didn't do anything for me. Not sure why i'd work for some and not others.

@himura1991 – That reply from AMD you got is the standard bulls…. Reply that we all get. Their Customer service is not so much a customer service, but sorting machine, if you can call it that.

It’s the HP printer customer service all over again. You are stupid until proven otherwise, that’s how it works. When you call HP with a printer problem, they will ask you if you turned the printer on, check the power cable, check the outlet switch, is that on.. etc etc.. They will expect you to be stupid and not actually know weather or not the power is even on or off..

AMD “Tech support” works the same way.. No matter what you write them in a ticked, you’ll get the same standard “stupid customer” reply back in your face. You need to reply back to them and tell them to stop being freaking robots and start paying attention. Tell them to read this thread and stop asking you to do stupid testing that a ton of people here has already done.

That’s what I do and I’m on my 3’rd ticket now.. I just replied back to them yesterday and awaiting another reply. I may even get banned soon. We’ll see. Either way, just stay on them, don’t do the stupid customer standard bulls… they tell you to do, refer them to this thread and keep asking them to read it, over and over and over…..

@zezba9000 I don’t think disabling the windows updates completely was the point. The point is disabling it for a short while to stop Windows from downloading the amd driver from there. It’ll download some old version, not the latest, and install that. If you just DDU’d your driver for a clean install, windows will screw that up for you and that’s the point.

And a huge thank you to you all answering my question about Win10 v1909. The “tech support” was pestering me about not updating my Windows and I needed them to understand, that the Windows version is not the cause. So thank you a lot for that You are amazing. We need to group up and fight AMD together on this! It’s the only way we’ll ever get anywhere.

0 Likes
boltsi
Adept I

I updated my drivers to 20.1.4 and i changed my speaker setup from stereo to 5.1 like digitaleternal wrote.

I have now tested this few days with Youtube, Tidal and VLC and haven't got any crackling. Maybe i can try also when speaker setup is set to stereo and see if it has any effect. But now it seems to work so maybe someone else can try change the spearker setup and see will it work.

I have 5700 XT and win 10 pro 64-bit 1909 build.

0 Likes
taurea
Elite

I've never had the "crackling" issues you are talking about, so I wouldn't know.

I can tell you that it makes no difference when it comes to the "audio stuttering" issue.

0 Likes
boltsi
Adept I

Did you check my video about this cracking sound? You can find it on page 12 of this thread. There is also moment when audio quickly drops completely. 

0 Likes
taurea
Elite

Ah yes, that one. I remember now.

Yes I saw that, but good to refresh

I'm not so much sure bout "crackling", but it is pretty much the same issue I have, it just seems like my audio drops are longer then yours.

Can you see the speaker activity on your receiver ? On mine, the speaker indicators on the front panel are flashing off and on whenever an audio drop happens. Are you seeing that too ?

0 Likes