cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

digitaleternal
Adept II

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

I have the 5700xt and am having HDMI audio issues as well. Sound cuts in and out constantly in some games and while watching videos. Submitted a ticket but not impressed, would much rather use the HDMI audio then having to find some way to get onboard or discrete sound working through the receiver.

I've got multiple consoles, a shield tv box and had an old HTPC hooked up to this receiver and I've never had issues like this.

0 Likes
taurea
Elite

20.1.3 seems stable in some instances.. I could watch 3-4 hours of TV series the other day, no problem.

Then just yesterday, trying to watch some with my kid and it craps out completely on me.. Audio would drop for 0,2-0,5 secs at a time and it would do this at least once evert 0,5 - 1 sec.

There was a larger percentage og silence, then there was audio.. The worst I've seen in a long time and I'm on 20.1.3.

I don't get this problem most of the time. There isn't like one thing like if I do exactly this or that, I can either get it working or force the issue to appear.

It has its own life completely.

0 Likes
taurea
Elite

@digitaleternal  Hi there. Welcome aboard. Glad to have you. The more people we can get in this thread, the better.

Keep making those tickets and keep linking them to this thread!

I've opened my 3'rd ticked with AMD support by now and I will not stop until they listen.

Keep at it.

Oh, and if you havn't read the whole thread, I'd suggest you do that. Lots of really good info.

0 Likes
digitaleternal
Adept II

Hi Taurea,

I will definitely keep on it, this is a living room gaming pc and having the sound be broken like this is really killing my enjoyment of it.

I've read through portions of this threat and there is definitely some interesting info. 

The subsampling/bandwidth saturation theory was interesting but I find the issue is prevalent in titles that run at must lower resolution and I didn't find any different lowering the subsampling.

I find games that utilize the gpu heavily actually dont have the issue which makes the low stage0 frequency make sense. I tried setting the minimum gpu frequency under the tuning option and it seemed to help but it made games run poorly. I find every time I change a performance option or enable a performance feature in these drivers games don't run well.  For example,  I can run Gears 5 at 4k with ultra settings at a pretty solid 60fps but as soon as I touch anything in the drivers it turns into a stuttery mess.

I've got an MSI card so I'm going to get their software on there to see if I can maybe use that to increase the min clock without breaking everything.

I've gotta say though, I'm really disappointed with the state of these drivers. I've always run AMD cpu's but usually nvidia cards, this is my first  AMD card in a while and the drivers are hot garbage. Sound issues, black screen issues, all of the features break performance, half the time the adrenalin software just opens as a blank window. Come on AMD, get your act together.

0 Likes
himura1991
Journeyman III

Hi there! 

well another one with the same problem!

5700xt and lg oled tv 55

the sound drops in plans out with Spotify for example it’s every time, with Star Wars it like 1 in 10 minutes, darksiders 3 it’s like always...

my mother has optical out, so I think I will use that.

but it’s very annoying... I need to download the new drivers that came 3 days ago. 

0 Likes
taurea
Elite

@digitaleternal 

I've gotta say though, I'm really disappointed with the state of these drivers. I've always run AMD cpu's but usually nvidia cards, this is my first  AMD card in a while and the drivers are hot garbage. Sound issues, black screen issues, all of the features break performance, half the time the adrenalin software just opens as a blank window. Come on AMD, get your act together.

I can only agree with you. Most Navi-supported driver all up till 19.12.1 (I think it was) had its issue.

Then 20.1.1 Adrenaline 2020 edition drivers happened and omg what a clusterf…. that was  

20.1.3 fixed a lot of errors introduced with 20.1.1 including the black-screen you refer to and I do think AMD has been rather quick to resolve that.

Even so, 20.1.1 should never have been released in that state, the drivers were no where near tested enough before released to the public and that in inexcusable (is that a word..?).

It feels like were involuntary BETA testers for AMD.

Most of the time, I just dont care.. I don't normally update my drivers just because a new version is out. If I can avoid it, I don't update drivers for better part of a whole year. If it aint broken …..

Same reason I don't update if I don't have to, I may get a driver with issues and I don't even wanna bother if what I have works flawlessly.

This time around, AMD doesn't have a single driver version that is both stable and is free from the HDMI Audio stuttering mess, so I DO care this time around ad that's why I keep pestering them about it!

And like I said, I will not stop.

@himura1991 

welcome to HDMI audio stuttering issue mate, we hope you enjoy your stay.

Joke aside.. Open a support ticked with AMD and link them this thread and ask them to read the full effin 14 pages of it !

I need to download the new drivers that came 3 days ago. 

20.1.3 will not fix the issue, I've tried and failed.

0 Likes
himura1991
Journeyman III

Yeah, I know that. I will use an optical cable direct to my receiver. But it’s very annoying and the problem is I cannot change it because if it’s a problem with lg tv, rma maybe says the card is working ok. I’m from Argentina and returning o changes are not as easy as usa 

0 Likes
digitaleternal
Adept II

Funny, I was always the same way, once I found a driver that worked well I would typically leave it alone. But right now, I can't wait for the next driver, I didn't spend all this money to not be able to enjoy half of my games.

The black screen issue wasn't fully resolved for me. While I haven't had it go black and stay that way forcing me to reboot since the update it will still occasionally go black for a second or two.

I did some more testing with the minimum frequency setting in the tuning section but I don't actually think it does anything. Setting it doesn't seem to change the frequency and it breaks games. I tried running MSI afterburning but it doesn't seem to have any options to set the minimum frequency. 

I found a reddit thread where one person said they solved the issue by setting their pci-e port to 3.0 instead of auto, illuding to the possibility that pci-e 4.0 was causing the issue. My board doesn't seem to have any options to set the pci-e version though so I can't test it.

I've also tried sending audio out through the optical port of my onboard audio but I think my optical cable has seen better days. Optical only supports 5.1 anyways so not ideal, plus it's onboard audio so yea. I have a Soundblaster Zx but it would smother one of the fans on the video card so I don't really want to have to use it.

0 Likes
taurea
Elite

Greetings all you grand people of the HDMI stuttering issue clan

I'm doing AMD a favor here because they don't actually reply to users in their own forums. Can you all please help me out a bit and answer me this question:

How many of you are running Windows 10 version 1909 and are still having the HDMI audio stuttering issues ?

Thank you kindly folks.

0 Likes
caxyh
Adept I

taurea написал(а):

Greetings all you grand people of the HDMI stuttering issue clan

I'm doing AMD a favor here because they don't actually reply to users in their own forums. Can you all please help me out a bit and answer me this question:

How many of you are running Windows 10 version 1909 and are still having the HDMI audio stuttering issues ?

Thank you kindly folks.

Me. Win 1909 AMD driver 20.1.4 

0 Likes