cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

vmota
Adept III

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

That is the very first driver released for this card and it does not fix the issue, although some users (including myself) have experienced fewer audio dropout issues with the driver version you mention.

For anyone else landing on this thread, users here have literally tried every driver version available at the time of writing and the issue is present on every single one of them. So don't waste your time, ideally if you still can, return your card for an RTX or if you cannot anymore file a complaint to AMD/your vendor.

spiritreaver
Adept I

Right, I never meant to give the impression that it fixes it, as I don't believe rolling back to old drivers is a fix for anything. Just that I haven't had the issue on it.

Poor choice of words I suppose on my part, sorry!

omegasupreme
Adept II

Anyone have any luck with the new Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.12.1 update that came out today?

0 Likes
element22
Journeyman III

Well as omegasuprime said, 19.12.1 is out.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-1 

What ever they mean with stutter they say it`s fixed!

Fixed Issues

• Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience stutter in some games at 1080p and low game settings.

I`ll test this later.

0 Likes
element22
Journeyman III

Well, I installed this driver. It did not contain a newer version of HDMI driver. Reboot. Set AMD HDMI Device as audio source. Started chrome, played Hawaii Fife-0 stream from amazon...25 sec, sound stops for 0,5-1 sec. nothing changed for me...

0 Likes
adieshibbyin
Journeyman III

I bought a MSI 5700XT mech on black friday and ran into the audio stuttering issue with my GPU being hooked up via HDMI to my AVR and Ive been playing around with stuff  and I finally stopped the issue this morning after selecting right clicking the speaker on the taskbar and selecting 7.1 channels in speaker setup.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
taurea
Elite

@element22

Sadly, I can only second this. Normally I just install the new driver on top of the old one. I'm lazy like that. But this time I tried doing it the right way and ..... nope.

Still audio cut-out about 0,5 sec long quite often. Like at least once every 2-3 seconds.

Sometimes, the audio dissappears completely and I'll have to re-focus the window doing the playback in Windows to get the audio back. It's like the HDMI audio driver disables it completely for some reason.

But yeah .. No!  It is still broken. Whatever that 1080p stuttering fix is, I have no idea but it is not this. Still broken.

Dammit!!    One more piece of hope shattered.

@adieshibbyin  - Nope, no luck for me on that one. Still the very same issue, nothing at all changed.

Seriously though !! How the hell is this thread almost 10 pages long now and NO ONE at AMD takes notice?

Serious question, How?

0 Likes
taurea
Elite

Oh there we go.. page 10.

0 Likes
chris1400c
Journeyman III

Have the same problem. With a 980ti the audio works fine. Please fix this AMD.

0 Likes
nin
Adept II

Hey there,

My last post here, after the answer from MSI I send to my retailer I got my money back without any more effort. I advice to do the same with powercolor sapphire and so on and have a talk about it, link this forum entry + my video and you're good to go, if they`re fast on answering I should go smoothly till the end of the year. Also keep on open ticket with your retailer where they can put in notes to help keeping track of it. 

Have some nice festive days and best of luck!

0 Likes