cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

seccadcaglayan
Journeyman III

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

Guys ı have an update for you. My problem still continues but something different now. I make Undervolt my card. currently, its working 1950 Mhz frequency and 987 mV voltage and Sound glitches decrease. I don't know it's a coincidence but when I left a card with stock config every 1-2 min sound gone and back again. with UV sound disappear ever 5-6 min and come back. I don't think it is related to frequency or voltage but that's the situation. I have a ticket for it and support say try to the older driver but I don't think that solves my problem.

0 Likes
taurea
Elite

Support say to try an older driver.. ?

hmm.. Yeah OK - Given the history if this, soon to be, 9 page thread, I have to admit that a reply like that annoys me more then just a little, to be honest.

ricky469469
Journeyman III

I have same problem with RX5700 too.

This is my first AMD GPU and it is a disaster.

Plz fix this AMD.

0 Likes
nin
Adept II

Ahahahahahahha, this really made my day tbh . it cannot be more obvious that the support likes to spit into someones face, there are probably a ton of complaints and tickets so the only way to respond is "we are working on a fix" and nothing else, i mean, if u look at the whole 9site discussion it should be obvious by now.

I dont know where you're from, but isnt there some way to get your money back and return your card, even by laywer?

0 Likes
vmota
Adept III

Support is an embarrassment. At this point, they are replying so that people don't complain that AMD does not even reply to their customers. They know this issue is present since the very first driver they released for this card, just look at the date of the thread. We tried every single driver they posted since, with clean installs, with some recent drivers making issues worse, and now they tell you to try older drivers? It is downright disrespectful, at the very least they should admit that fixing this is not their priority. Let's face it, many high profile games are coming out they are busy improving performance on those cause benchmarks sell cards. Paid cards are paid for lol so yeah let's go try older drivers we have nothing better to do with our time...

Check your country law, you have a defective product that you paid for, asked for support and that has been denied to you. Even past the return period, you ought to be protected against this. Unfortunately, they will keep on doing this until someone slaps them with a lawsuit. 

0 Likes
xbl
Adept II

WOW looks like they may do something at last......Screenshot (35).png

0 Likes
seccadcaglayan
Journeyman III

I am sorry to say you but this driver does not solve problems at all. I am using that one currently. I just try to play some elder scrolls online whenever characters start to speak sound disappear entirely. But ambient sound perfect

0 Likes
seccadcaglayan
Journeyman III

support recommended this driver. 

I suggest you to please give a try to the older 19.7.5 driver and check the issue status.

0 Likes
sgtbacker
Journeyman III

Hi, i also have more or less the same problem!

I bought new pc with asus 5700 xt strix, graphic card work well except sound through hdmi/display port (same problem). The sound is stuttering just like video in previous post of "nin" I plugged pc to avr to projector all connected with hdmi cable! My problem appears when watching netflix or movie on  5.1 system, when i watch youtube witch is on stereo the sound is ok! I tried different drivers, switch pcie to gen 3, dp to hdmi adapter and problem is the same! I had a laptop before lenovo y 520 with gtx 1060 with the same connection and i had no problem! Sorry for my english!

0 Likes
vmota
Adept III

Return it, get a pc with an RTX instead.

0 Likes