Journeyman III

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

I have the same card, same problems. Please do it! THX

0 Likes
katshimurasan
Journeyman III

omegasupreme‌:

Unfortunately I only have a 5.1 home cinema so I cannot check if it works on 7.1 as well.

0 Likes
nox24
Adept I

Hello I'm back.

I've changed my TV to the newer one and found that now I have no problems at all with new drivers. All works fine.

I think that besides keeping frequency high or keeping card busy, it is also very likely that what omegasupreme was talking about audio standards/formats is connected to that too. I must further investigate what my old tv was using, and what my new tv is using. I will post new info on weekend when I'll find something. If you can try also connecting to the other tv's if you can. Maybe we will find true problem, and AMD will recognize it (obviously they do nothing right now I think) 

0 Likes
nin
Adept II

Hi again,

so to put up an update for the status of MSI, the last Mail i received of them was "we will check back with our staff and if there is a problem present, we will inform AMD consering that matter".

Alright, today i called MSI and were asking how the situation at hand looked liked, and the only answer i got was "we informed AMD" so it seems like they also had the same Problem on their end. After i asked them how long it will take for AMD to answer on that, there was only an slight sigh"4-8Weeks up to a few months!".

No thanks, i need to call my vendor back to finally put this matter to rest. i got something else to do in my freetime than calling everyone over and over again.

So long!

0 Likes
omegasupreme
Adept II

thank you for the update 

0 Likes
taurea
Elite

Oi pirates.

Did any of you have a look at the notes on the 19.11.1 ?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-11-1

Known issues says:

Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience stutter in some games at 1080p and low game settings.

Performance Metrics Overlay may cause stutter or screen flashing on some applications.

Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience display loss when resuming from sleep or hibernate when multiple displays are connected.

Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.

I know this is not exactly super specific… But maybe some of this can be related to the problems we're having too …

Here's one for hoping …

0 Likes
nin
Adept II

i like how amd really likes to avoid to say what kind of issue, stutter means a whole lot, framedrops/framelatency f.e. 

at least they make use our imagination or creativity more than pre school. the rest is just poor. Imagine the 5700(XT) with the driver stability of the 500er series, holy moly, it scares the crap out of me to imagine what the experience would be like.

But you're right, hope dies last. Btw did u contact your manufacturer (god, this word) about the mess, like i did with MSI?

0 Likes
marvin48
Journeyman III

Same problem with my setup. Saphire Radeon 5700XT Pulse connected to LG UH850V TV via HDMI cable and audio cuts-of for a second from time to time. It happens randomely, once in a couple of minutes in average. Happens when I'm playing the games or watching the youtube in browser.

I have tried to switch to my old GPU, Radeon HD4850 with the rest of the hardware, drivers, HDMI and TV and sound works with no issues. Switching to PCI Gen3 on motherboard or undervolting the GPU doesn't help.

0 Likes
seccadcaglayan
Journeyman III

Hello Guys

I have same problem with my Harman Cardon AVR265. Digital sound no problem at all but when ı try to listen to some SoundCloud or youtube sound starts to cut-off and back just like @nin's video.

I think one and a simple driver release solves the problem and we have to wait.

0 Likes
metallicandre
Adept I

Guys, another about my problem with AVR (Denon, problem below):

"Same problem here with 5700.

HDMI plugged to Denon receiver, from time to time frequently sound disappears.

Then have to mute and unmute to get the sound back.

Love to play games with 5.1 but this is just makeing me crazy.

vmota

Just tried DP to HDMI adapter and the problem persists.

AMD PLEASE HELP US, all the fun in gaming is gone because of this."

I realize that the sound randomly disappears, but also when I do some actions the sound also disappears. Then I began to notice patterns. The receiver identifies the signal type automatically, so when I'm playing games it decodes 5.1, but the sounds of windows and other apps are in a different pattern than 5.1. I realized from certain actions of myself and other apps that this loss of sound happened. What I did as a last test was: I have another USB soundcard (a Focusrite) plugged into another set of boxes I use for music recording, so I set it as the default input and output sound for the entire PC (it never gave problems). After that, when I enter a game now, I leave the windows sound options open and change the sound output only from the game's app to Denon, and besides, I went into the receiver's settings and turned off his option automatically recognize the signal type (5.1, 2.0, etc ...). And I leave it straight in multichannel, so the game already comes in with the receiver and in direct 5.1. It still gets lost sometimes when I switch between the menu and into the game eventually, but while I'm playing, maybe over 30min matches, the sound loss issues no longer happen. So I think the driver is getting lost with decoding with the receiver when it needs to be switching between sound types. I hope I helped in some way and made myself clear.

Just one more important information, when the sound fades, I actually realize that it does not fade completely, but it gets really really low, almost inaudible, so I turned up the receiver's vol almost at max and then I could hear well...

0 Likes