cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

kasferatu
Adept II

Re: RX5700 and HDMI sound problem

After my testing I am also completely convinced the problem is both power/frequency related and also specific to certain types of receiving devices (maybe to do with how the handshake works).  It is very unfortunate that we have had no traction whatsoever with AMD though.

sp3ci3s8472
Adept I

Indeed, seems like when the gpu is taxed the audio seems more stable. However, Unigine Superposition is a outlier this seems to distort the bass a lot with static noise.

0 Likes
nin
Adept II

hey folks, 

seems like there is still no help.

I got a quick update because of my returned 5700 XT from MSI (nice retailer...), because my seal was broken (DAMN YOU CUSTOM WATERCOOLING ) i got the card  back and i am now having a whole load of trouble with getting my money back because MSI wants to test the whole stuff first with my video.

My Video  <- last 30sek are most important.

and after they figured out the bug/defect, they want to talk to AMD because of this mess they created, even if they adress this stuff to them and get noticed, i really really really dont want back the card because im free of BSOD constant dropouts freezes and atikmpag.sys pc kills with my MSI gaming x 1070, i wonder how it will turn out.

Didnt even imagine how much trouble and nerve killing a defective driver could be...

taurea
Elite

Hi Nin.

omg - This could actually be some good news.

Thanks for sharing your vid.. Jub, that's exactly the same problem I'm having too.

But, you are actually saying that MSI did reproduce the same error and are now talking to AMD about it?

Did they confirm that they've seen it too?

I hope MSI can push harder then we can and get AMD to open their eyes. If you have a contact with MSI, could you maybe try and link them this thread?

Please MSI-Kenobi, you're our only hope!  (yeah okay ... )

I had a support ticked at AMD tech support for this thread, but that was closed after that 10-day period.

So now I've opened a new one.  

0 Likes
omegasupreme
Adept II

I'm glad I found this thread because I'm having the exact same audio stuttering in and out issue however, I'm using a 580. So i have noticed that whenever you play any of the DTS HD, Atmos TRUE DTS tracks thats when the audio cuts in and out. If the track is simply dolby digital or DTS there is no stuttering. 

my system is connect by an hdmi cable to a denon receiver which then is connected to a samsumg Q80. I have a ps4 and xbox connected to the receiver and there is no audio issues at all. only the pc 

0 Likes
nin
Adept II

MSI said they first wanted to check on the situation themselfs, dunno what comes after it, maybe ill check on them next week or so

0 Likes
taurea
Elite

My 5700XT is a PowerColor Red Devil.. Maybe I should try and go the PowerColor route, it just never occurred to me that it was a possibility and I never though to "blame" PowerColor for the mess..

Hmm..

0 Likes
katshimurasan
Journeyman III

Hello everyone.

Until right now I had the exact same issues like many before me (stuttering, no or strange sound).

What solved the issue for me is the same thing that seems to make the graphics card more stable (from other posts):

On my GigaByte x570 I Aorus Pro WiFi I switched the PCI-E interface to gen. 3 (tried auto and gen. 4 before with no enhancements) and now my sound is totally fine connected to a 65'' Panasonic TV via HDMI (no matter the resolution 1k, 2k and 4k).

My PC is connected directly to the TV and my Home Cinema is connected via ARC HDMI slot.

Hope this might work for some of you too.

0 Likes
omegasupreme
Adept II

Denon A/V unit Denon AVR-S950H

i7-6850K with an Asus Rampage V edition 10  and a 580, 32 gigs of ram 

Samsung QN65Q80R

7.1 speakers (this is my set up for reference)

Hi Everyone 

katshimurasan    Have you tested if all types of Audio  work because for me the sounds fine until my A/V receiver starts to decode

DTS MA  or Dolby TrueHD or any of the 7.1 audio standards. When I output 5.1 Dolby digital or DTS the video card seems to work fine. Arc cannot send out the higher format sounds it reverts to 5.1 Dolby or DTS unless your using eARC.

I have spent the last 4 days testing different methods presented on this forum

-Switching to and clean installing 19.1.1 driver = same result audio skip, 

-19.7.5 audio drivers while using the 19.9.2 video driver = same result although audio skips less frequently 

-19.10.2 (both audio and video drivers = same result audio skipping and cutting in and out )

-going into bios and GEN3 =  same result no change

-Disabling AMD HDMI sound drivers and using only drivers that come with the MB =  same result no difference

-Switching HDMI cables ( purchased and tried 3 different ones  ref   HDMI Cable 10ft Cinema Plus 28AWG (4K 60Hz HDR 4:4:4) HDCP 2.2 - Exceed HDMI 2.0, High Speed 22.28 Gbps   )

-Switched MB and moved to second PCI-e slot = same result no difference 

- used a displayport cable to send out the video and an hdmi cable to send out the audio ( this took me awhile to figure out how to configure duel screens then disable one ect ect.and im not 100 percent sure i configured it correctly) it didnt work same issues

this is the set up I wanted: HDMI from my video card to the denon AV unit and then another HDMI cable outputted from my Denon AUX  to the Samsung HDMI input. So the denon would handle all the audio processing and the TV would handle all the video( I would set my denon unit to bypass the video signal thus unaltering it and letting the TV do all the dirty work) 

the only configuration I got to  work  is when I send out an the audio  from the optical cable from the MB, to  the A/V unit and attach the HDMI cable from the video  card directly to the TV or when I attach the HDMI from the video card into the A/V unit and then send out audio using ARC 

these configuration give zero audio problems as well as video problems for me, however I no longer get the HD DTS or any of the higher end sound, only basic stereo, DTS, Dolby digital which inst ideal as I have a 7.1 configuration

Sidenote; Lowering the Chroma Subsampling to 4:2:2 allows my system to run at the original configuration I want however this inst idea l as the colors and text loots awful compared to 4:4:4

Sidenote: Someone had posted earlier about the lights flickering on there denon display as the Audio and Video start to skipand cut in/out I also observed this exact phenomenon with my unit. Almost as tho the buffering is flooded with too much data and the Videocard cannot handle it 

Thanks 

I hope my post has helped even though most of you are using the 5700 xt and I'm using the 580

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I don't even want to think about less than 4:4:4 chrominance. The damage to the color reproduction is horrid with 4:2:2 etc.

I have an LG 4K HDR panel and it has 10-bit color with 4:4:4 chrominance which works fine with 19.10.2

0 Likes