yrpleut76
Adept II

rx570 freeze at startup

B350 Tomahawk

Ryzen 7 2700

2x8GB Ballistix 3200

rx570 4GB (MSI Armor OC)

Seasonic GC 650W Gold

After some weeks attempting all possibilities to fix issues, nothing worked. Its worse than before

My GPU worked like a charm until i let AMD update drivers.

First troubles were some random tdr failures

Then troubles went about overlays , Adrenalin crashes

Now i have kernell errors in event viewer: amkdmag not started

Everytime i attempt to install AMD drivers, i have crashes from install, the display is flashing ON/OFF , system freeze...

Then have only 2 ways:

-Ctrl+Alt+Suppr then restart in safe mode and uninstall drivers

-Hard reboot , then computer freeze from login W10 user (just after the blue window screen at start) and display still flashing ON/OFF with blackscreen

I suppose the GPU is faulty because i tried all that was imaginable with software (windows tricks, fresh reinstalls...) and hardware (clean board , unmount ,change thermal paste). I now think seriously to attempt heatgun reflow in a last way...Not sure it will do something because the board looks fine and worked well few weeks before (but i know some components can be faulty without a visual anomaly)

But mostly i think to buy  NVidia stuff next time because i read several similar issues with rx5000 series users.

I think AMD should manage better their drivers for each card and not giving general settings that can be good for a card and not for another . I took a look to the default fan curve in Adrenalin it was something around 40% fan speed at 70°C . **bleep**? Every time i had to apply more agressive custom fan curve with Afterburner. Never had temps issues (always monitored and never above 78° but what to think about these default settings...

Now i have a faulty GPU and i suspect AMD to help that not so old stuff to go fast forward to the death due to wrong default settings

0 Likes
0 Replies