cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

LgSeabra
Journeyman III

RX570 8GB sudden black screens

So I'm using a ASROCK RX570 8gb for almost a year and a half, and since some latest updates I'm having black screens, almost if my cable is discontected, already tried another displayport cable and even changed to hdmi and the issue still happens.
It happens a lot with Monster Hunter and Yakuza 7, more than with other titles(haven`'t happened to cyberpunk so far). I'm kinda scared of messing with wattman, so I want to know if anyone knows a way to fix it.

0 Likes
3 Replies

A lot of Polaris users suffer from black screens and often raising the Power Limit slider in Radeon Settings will help this. 

However it bothers me that this wasn't happening until you changed drivers. 

In Radeon Settings go to the performance tab, tuning tab, and near the bottom find the "Power Limit" Slider.

Move that slider to the right to its maximum of 50.

https://community.amd.com/t5/blogs/performance-tuning-with-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition/ba...

If that doesn't help then do the following:

I would suggest trying to install the drivers from scratch again as sometimes things just corrupt.

Have the driver downloaded from AMD

Download and run DDU from wagnardsoft dot com from safe mode with Internet unplugged or wifi off. 

Restart with Internet still disconnected.

Install the AMD driver but don't pick express install. Choose the"Factory Reset" option.

See if that helps.

I that doesn't help repeat the same process above but install a previous driver that worked for you and report the issue to AMD:

In Radeon Settings there is a Bug Report tool too you can submit the issue or

You can contact AMD support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Good Luck!

0 Likes

So my power limit was already on 50, I changed that and the fan settings ever since the beginning. Gonna try the drivers now and I'll give you some feedback in the near future

You are certainly not the only one complaining about this latest driver and GCN cards. I hope reverting helps. 

0 Likes