cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Asrans
Adept I

rx5600xt audio drop out when connected to an av receiver through HDMI

Hi i have this problem, tried absolutely everything, i'm tired of this, need help. With my rx5600xt when connected to my av receievr onkyo tx sr-494 with hdmi i have random audio drop out/unstable on pcm and random long drop out with bistream (impossible to use).  Clearly i should have go for an nvidia product, my gtx960 was not giving me any problem with my receiver, i was able to watch movie without any drop and play without any drop too. A card that can do big fps but cannot maintain stable audio???? that's a thing i have missed, this could be precised when buying, i should'nt have buyed this buggy mess (and talk a bit about the frame stutter, big frames spike i had in game when i buyed it, fixed since). Please fix this amd! This is almost a scam a this point, other peoples are complaining!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Asrans
Adept I

anyone with the same issue?

0 Likes

I searched a bit and I found that this can be because of the low gpu clock (not memory) when playing a game or Netflix with audio drop out, my graphics card clock is running up and down constantly from like 10mhz to 780 maximum this is spacemountain. I can't fix this with wattman because minimum personnalised clock settings are no more working somehow on 20.11.2. Plus devs, simple fix, just set a minimum running clock on rx5600xt cards and my problem will be solve! Anyone know how to do this manually maybe? 

0 Likes
xlbooyahlx
Journeyman III

I just went through having the same exact issue with my RX 5600 XT.

Running my PC through HDMI to Yamaha Receiver passthrough into 55" 5K TV .

The only thing that fixed it for me was to use the AMD Cleanup Utility to clean out all the drivers, reboot, and use Windows Update (Windows 10) to install the drivers from Microsoft.

Audio stuttering is now resolved.

It's a shame that AMD can't even come up with consistent drivers for their cards,

0 Likes