Rx560 rev 2.0 not turning on

My specs are these

• Cpu: Ryzen 3 2200g
  • Gpu: Rx560 rev 2.0 4gb
  • Ram: 2 sticks of 4 gb ram ddr4 2400mhz xpg flame
  • Motherboard: Asus prime a320m-k
  • Windows 10 64bit build 20H2
  • Psu:  Gigabyte pb500

So i tried turning on my pc but my gpu wont just work my screen just stays black and if i change the hdmi cable to the motherboard and use the apu i can see windows has already started i tried restarting and doesnt work  the fans try to move but they stop after a few inches and sometimes randomly when i restart my pc the gpu will turn the fans to maximum speed but still wont work

0 Likes
2 Replies

Sounds like in BIOS you have it set for IGPU as the Main Display Adapter. Normally this BIOS setting is set on "Auto" that way when the motherboard senses a GPU Card is installed it automatically switches over to the GPU Card as the Main Display Adapter and disables the IGPU.

If in BIOS it is set to Auto try setting it on PCIe and see if it recognizes  the GPU Card.

Also see if your your RX560 is showing up in Device Manager.  Download the latest RX560 AMD Driver from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-560

After installing the latest RX560 and still the GPU card is not working go to Device Manager and post any errors that shows up.

Also download a free program called SPECCY and see if your GPU card is showing up as populating the PCIe slot in your motherboard.

0 Likes

The bios thing happened to me a lot and its set it alerady to PCIE video

My rx560 is not showing in the device manager neither SPECCY

its kinda strange because if i connect the hdmi cable from my gpu to the monitor seems like it gives signal but stays turned off

0 Likes