cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mazhar555
Journeyman III

RX5500XT - No AMD Graphics Driver Installed

Hi, i have MSI B550 Gaming Plus mother board, Ryzen 5 3600 and RX5500XT. Running windows 10 20H2 19042.985. I did 2 updates recently, i updated Windows 10 to its latest release and updated AMD Graphics driver Adrenalin 21.4.1. Now after every few days, windows failed to recognise drivers and prompt like "No AMD Graphics driver tanstalled ....".

From a previous post i learnt to try an older version which was working fine, so i installed 21.3.1 but issue is not resolved.

From another post i learnt i need to update BIOS, but its already updated.

Few days back and even today, from Device Manager i uninstalled GPU driver (Not AMD Software 21.3.1), let windows to install the driver, after restart windows picked the driver again. But the problem is, i have to do it every few days.

Kindly guide me how to fix it permanently?

Regards,

Mazhar

0 Likes
1 Solution
Alander
Adept I

This seems to be a problem I had on 2 computers with 5700 and 5700XT GPU. The windows updates rewrites over the the working drivers I had installed from Adrenaline software.  I had to reinstall Radeon software and changing the windows to not check for updates for the next 30 days. I hope this gets fixed soon because it's extremely annoying and seems to a common problem for others as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Alander
Adept I

This seems to be a problem I had on 2 computers with 5700 and 5700XT GPU. The windows updates rewrites over the the working drivers I had installed from Adrenaline software.  I had to reinstall Radeon software and changing the windows to not check for updates for the next 30 days. I hope this gets fixed soon because it's extremely annoying and seems to a common problem for others as well.

0 Likes

Thanks! i did not disabled automatic update, but i uninstalled drivers from Device Manager, i kept AMD drivers, restart my PC and let windows install the driver again. Since last 2 weeks GPU is working fine.

Regards,

Mazhar

0 Likes