Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dbfalcao
Journeyman III

RX550 - No video signal

Hi everyone!

I have been using my GPU RX550 (Power Color - Red Dragon 4gb) for almost one year (hdmi calbe) without any big issues, but suddenly, after a windows update, I got no vieo signal after Bios loading. It just works in safe mode or with a general windows video adapter, but when I try to install any AMD driver, the screen goes blank in the middle of the installation. The computer also works fine with the built-in generic graphic card.

I've tried several solution attempts, like:

- reinstall AMD drivers (clean installation)

-  Install old AMD drivers

- Run windows system restore to undo the last update;

- Did a clean driver installation by uninstalling the graphic card from device management and using DDU Software to wipe out every AMD software and stuff.

Please anyone have an idea to solve it or maybe my gpu got faulty?

Thans in advance!!

Daniel

6 Replies
Xyph0
Journeyman III

Hello, have the same problem as you and attempted to troubleshoot it but couldn't fix it. was wondering whether you were able to find solution to this problem?

amduser_Jb
Adept II

Yo! I got exactly the same gpu and exactly the same incident and situation just like you.

Believe me or not I'm not even connected to the internet when an update suddenly pops up once upon a time when i start up my pc late at night just one word "updating" then all goes black on the logo screen. So here I'am watching surfing and scanning maybe someone has a fix for this, haven't played a very long time now because of this issue.

0 Likes
amduser_Jb
Adept II

I tried it to lower versions of windows such as windows 7 ultimate and no result while installation process always after the display driver took over the display it goes NO SIGNAL and got a glimpse to of what it looks like after the display driver radeon got installed and guess what it was stuck at 800x640 resolution with no more options then goes no signal again.

0 Likes
amduser_Jb
Adept II

Yo! Any news did your issue have been resolve? Care to share I've been through everything lately searching for a cure, maybe resorting to custom os builds soon -_-

0 Likes
amduser_Jb
Adept II

Got some news for ya, dump the HDMI it will no longer work thanks to windows update.

Go buy yourself a DMI-D to VGA or whatever your monitor has and problem solve.

0 Likes
amduser_Jb
Adept II

Got some news for ya, dump the HDMI it will no longer work thanks to windows update.

Go buy yourself a DMI-D to VGA or whatever your monitor has and problem solve.

0 Likes