Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

colesdav
MVP

Re: Rx480 random black screen while gaming

Hi,

Happy New year.

Black / Red Screen and audio buzz crashing seem so frequent on my HD7970/R9 280x -> R9 FuryX/Fury/Nano and also now latest RX Vega 64 Liquid GPU for years now and especially bad in past year running on Windows 10.  

I also run a GTX 780Ti for years and now run an RTX 2080 .I swap out the AMD GPU for the Nvidia GPU and system stability is much better.
Its nice to actually get through more than 30 minutes of BFV or BF1 or whatever without driver crashing and PC Lockup.

I see the press release about AMD having most stable drivers but I simply do not believe it at all.

Prices and game deals for new RX Vega 64/56 and  RX580/590 hardware seems good and for the most part Nvidia GPU's seem mostly expensive compared to AMD GPU's but the AMD Radeon Driver Stability is not good enough.

The AMD Adrenalin Driver GUI does look great and Adrenalin 2019 has fixed and improved some features that were broken but these Driver Crashes and System Hangs need to stop.

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

well they do preface the best game drivers. doesn't mean the hardware drivers are that great.

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

Here is the link: Renewing AMD's Commitment to Stability

They claim to test both Workstatioon and Gaming cards and drivers.
They used Microsoft’s Hardware Lab Kit (“HLK”). CRASH

My experience is the AMD Drivers and cards are much less stable than Nvidia Drivers and cards I own / use/ test.

The XFX RX Vega 64 Liquid stability is really bad compared to a Palit RTX2080 OC running on the same machine

and the RX Vega 64 has ~ 1.5 year head start. The RTX2080 OC cost me 20 more.
Sad but true.

Good news is Nvidia have just announced support for FreeSync on GTX 10 and RTX 20 series GPU's starting January 15 2019.

dujta95
Journeyman III

Hey,

Do you still use vga/dvi to hdmi adapter ??? I tried watman and some games on TV (hdmi connection) and I did not have any problems. Try other monitor with hdmi/hdmi connection.

0 Kudos