Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Rx480 random black screen while gaming

Hi,

I am logged into a machine running Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate.
I am running OS Updates and checks at the moment.
I will have to install a fresh version of Crysis 3 directly on the Windows 7 OS Hard drive.
I will also run DDU in safe mode, uninstall existing Adrenalin driver and clean install the latest Adrenalin Driver
It will be later today before I report back to you if I get a crash or not in Crysis 3.
I will be using an XFX R9 Nano as the AMD GPU in this test.

Bye.

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit updated and checked.
I have installed  Adrenalin 18.7.1 and here are the test system specs.

pastedImage_0.png

A fresh install of Crysys 3 in almost completed.
I will run it without touching Wattman ... i.e. I leave it at the immediate post install state as shown here:

pastedImage_1.png

Bye.

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

OK, Crysis 3 installed.
I will launch it at 1080p, highest graphics settings and see what happens.

I will run Relive to record it.

Bye.

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

I just  tested Crysis 3 for 1 hour. I ran with only 16% OC on the i7-4770K CPU and the R9 GPU w/o any overclocking.

I ran ReLive the entire time.

No crashing during gameplay.
I decided to overclock the R9 Nano by 5% with the power limit, target temp and target fans set to max for the last 10 minutes.
The game runs much better with the overclock and max power,fans,temp target.
The Radeon Adrenalin 18.7.1 Windoiws 7 64 bit driver (installed after using DDU in safe mode) seems pretty stable to me on Crysis 3 on my system at least.
I have mentioned this before - it is a heatwave here. Ambient room temp is 35'C. so this is a good result for me.

I will need  to move back to running Windows 8.1 64bit and because of how hot it is I do not want to run any GPU stress testing,

I can upload the Crysis 3 videos for you if you want to see how the R9 Nano and i7-4790K perform.

Bye.

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

correction ... i7-4770K perform.

0 Kudos
archosan
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi,

I had a black screen issue that is already mentioned it. Only thing i did not, trying it in a new PSU. And i bought a 620W PSU. Over a week passed, there is no black screen or something like that. It is work for me.

Bye.

0 Kudos
entranced
Adept II
Adept II

So 3DMark FireStrike, did a benchmark this time, passed, did a second time, crashed, and some minutes after while using the computer for basic stuff (I was gonna reply this here when happened) the mouse cursor stopped, and I got a "snow" effect and the computer rebooted it self..... This one was a new symptom, I do not have any other hardware available to test, but I guess that AMD is over for me. Thanks for all that helped, and if this really is an issued AMD is just putting the name to shame now...

colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

Which Nvidia card are you going to purchase instead of your AMD card?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
entranced
Adept II
Adept II

Really not sure since I'm with a lot of problems right now.

I might end up selling my actual rig, not sure... But I might and just keep my laptop for now, and upgrade to Intel and NVIDIA in the future.

Still, I don't know, I just wanted this solved and be happy with my RX570, the rest I will see because its some personal difficult matters.

Nevertheless thanks for all the help, the community is definitely better than what AMD is at the moment, and its a damn shame.

If AMD does not care for the problems I do not care to buy products that do not work.

For the last resort maybe Mr. amdmatt​ should see this enormous thread/topic?...................................

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

Did you open an email support ticket?
Email Form

It sounds like your GPU has a problem but is might be a PSU issue?

My R9 Fury X / Fury and R9 Nano cards are mostly running well with latest Adrenalin 18.7.1 Driver.

I did run Crysis 3 for you on Windows 7 64bit machine and you can see what a single R9 Nano an do at 1080p maxed out settings here:

Crysis 3 Test 1 - YouTube

Crysis3 Test 2 - YouTube

Crysis 3 Test 3 - YouTube

Crysis 3 Test 4 - YouTube

Crysis 3 Test 5 - YouTube

The R9 Nano on that PC is only running at PCIe3.0x4 - as I have all three PCIex16 slots occupied with GPU's on that machine.

So there will be a slight performance hit versus running the R9 Nano at PCIe3.0x8.

Bye.