Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

krooxje
Journeyman III

RX470 with 144hz??

Hey!

So i bought an RX470 4GB Nitro Mining edition (with only 1 dvi port) and i want to know if this GPU would hold 144hz. (obviously using that DVI port without an adapter)

Thanks!

I bought this graphic card

https://www.pccomponentes.com/sapphire-nitro-radeon-rx-470-4gb-gddr5

0 Likes
6 Replies
carljf
Adept II

It should in 1080p, but nothing is sure on a custom mining card. Unless you have it for very, very cheap it's probably better for gaming to get a standard card and not one customized for mining... Unless you know exactly what you're doing, it could save you a lot of troubleshooting headaches. Who knows what else has been modified or customized on this card ? 

0 Likes

Okay as a user of an RX 580, I game at 1440p with a max of 75hz. My card is a good bit faster than the 470. My card typically runs between 45 - 60 FPS in most current AAA titles. My resolution is not quite double 1440p. So you are asking 1080p at 144hz which is over double 1080p @ 60HZ. So I think it would be a fine card for 60hz 1080p gaming, but no I don't think it would be for 144hz gaming if your goal is to stay right at 144hz. Now some older games may be able to hit that mark.

Obviously all other system specs, such as CPU and Memory affect this by a lot too. You gave none of that information no mentioned any specific games you are targeting this speed at.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes

Oh worth mentioning many of the mining cards have bios loaded that are optimized for the type of compute functions used in mining. This may not be best for gaming. You might want to ask Saphire if that bios is fine for gaming or if they could offer another bios you could load that would be better suited for gaming.

0 Likes

I would play csgo in 4:3 streched 1290x1024 with a Ryzen 5 2600 and this card.

0 Likes

That is not that far off of 1080p and I don't do much better than 60fps on CSGO's highest quality settings (I do set my custom profile for AMD in Radeon Settings to Textures Performance and Tessellation to Application) this seems to really help the FPS ins CSGO. So my guess would be that 144 would still be a lofty target for that card.

0 Likes
mack0y
Elite

Depends on which resolution you are using and you have to use a dual link DVI cable.  Dual link DVI-D supports up to 1920x1080 @144Hz.

0 Likes