Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

akeeller
Adept II

RX Vega 64 reboots PC, power limit related

Hi everyone!

I have an 8 months old Gigabyte RX Vega 64 Gaming OC.

Yesterday I opened Anthem for the first time and after minutes of gaming, my PC rebooted by itself. I retried and it rebooted again.

I tried to open OCCT and I run a GPU only stress test. At stock settings, the PC reboots after 5 to 10 minutes. In turbo mode, after 1-3 minutes.

With a custom power limit of +50% it reboots instantly.

Power limit at -10% or less seems to be stable.

However, games like Fortnite, COD WWII and many others work fine event with power limit at +50%.

Temperatures are ok.

I have no idea if it could be a PSU or a GPU problem.

I have also tried with a clean install of AMD drivers.

The PSU is a Cooler Master V850.

What do you think? GPU or PSU?

0 Likes
1 Solution
akeeller
Adept II

A little update about my situation.

The GPU became unstable even in a desktop environment, so I moved to a Corsair RM850x and now I can even stupidly push the Vega 64 to 370W without any issue.

It was just a faulty PSU.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

If your system is stable with -10% GPU power, GPU or PSU is not probably problematic. Slightly GPU core speed reduce (50-100Mhz) with WattMan will probably make your system stable. Try to find stable WattMan settings for your system. AMD GPUs may have different stability for different PSUs, especially with new drivers. Good luck...

Edit:
Provide GPU power with two power cables. Using a single power cable may cause problems for Vega GPUs.

0 Likes

I've always used two power cables, but thanks anyway 

0 Likes
akeeller
Adept II

A little update about my situation.

The GPU became unstable even in a desktop environment, so I moved to a Corsair RM850x and now I can even stupidly push the Vega 64 to 370W without any issue.

It was just a faulty PSU.

0 Likes