cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bikermice
Journeyman III

RX VEGA 64 NO SIGNAL, FAN STOPPED WORKING

I recently purchased a second hand Sapphire Vega 64.

I installed it, installed the drivers and then the screen go white the picture would reappear. I tried playing a game( FAR CRY 5) and immediately the screen would go white and then normal again.

2 days ago the GPU just went black and then the Fan was loud like it was on full blast.

I restarted the PC and then there was no Signal and the fan has stopped all together.

Only Radeon on the GPU lit up.

The GPU was working 100% when it was tested.

Asrock A320M HDV

AMD RYZEN 5 2600

2 X 4GB 2666mhz G.SKILL RIPJAWS

MUSHKIN 500GB PILOT-E NVME SSD

1 X 2TB WD BLACK HDD

1 X 1TB SAMSUNG HDD

SUPERFLOWER 550W 80+ SILVER MODULAR

0 Likes
5 Replies
thomson
Adept I

It could be that your powersupply cant supply enough power to drive your Vega 64.

Its mostly recomended to use a 750 W PSU for Vega 64 though it uses about 295 W.

For example Specification for Radeon RX Vega 64 Air Boost 8G OC | Graphics card - The world leader in display pe... 

0 Likes
dstmnd89x
Challenger

Also make sure to use two (2) separate cables from the power supply to the card, as it will pull quite a bit of current from the supply during 3D rendering.

0 Likes
bikermice
Journeyman III

Thanx guys I will check tonight and give you more feedback.

0 Likes
bikermice
Journeyman III

Morning Guys, We tested the card in two different slots on another motherboard with a 750w PSU. Still no Signal and fan still not spinning, Also just the Radeon light that lit up. I wonder If I should open the GPU to see what is going on in there.

0 Likes

Since you installed the Vega in another computer with the exact same results is a strong indication the Vega is defective.

Since it is used, You need to see if it has the original vBIOS installed or it has been modified. It might be a GPU card that was modified to be used as a Mining GPU.

Possibly something shorted out on the card. You can try and physically see if there are any burnt marks or broken traces on the card. Since it is a Sapphire card you have no Warranty since the Warranty is only for the original owner.

Plus you need to verify if the Sapphire GPU card you have is not a fake. Possibly by opening a Sapphire Support ticket and give them your Vega Serial Number.

GPU-Z would have been a good program to find out the specs on your GPU card and to verify what vBIOS you have installed.

0 Likes