cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hotrith
Miniboss

RX Vega 64 Nitro + Downclock for temps

Hello, i´m running a new build and i´m having some temperature problems with one of the gpu´s, i dont have so much space between the gpu´s and i need to downclock the gpu´s to help with the temp´s, atleast downclock the primary gpu, thats the graphic card that i have the issue, it runs at 75ºC/80ºC and it reachs very fast on those temps, the other gpu it stays in 55ºC/60ºC.

The system is

Case:NOX Hummer Full Tower it has fans everywhere, the idle temps are 15ºC/20ºC in all the hardware

PSU: Corsair HX1200

MB: Asus Rog Strix B450 F Gaming (i´m going to replace this for the MSI x470 Gaming Plus for the 8x/8x Crossfire)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600x

WB: Asus ROG RYUO 120

GPU: 2x Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 Nitro+ (not the limited edition)

RAM: GSkill 4x8GB (32GB) at 2666mhz (yes i run 4 stick´s is what i have for now)

Display´s: BenQ EX3501R VA 35" UWQHD 21:9 100Hz FreeSync in Displayport

LG 29UM69G-B 29" FreeSync IPS FHD Ultrawide in HDMI

And Some M.2 in Raid and SSD´s...

Windows 10 1809 with 19.4.3 driver

Can you guys indicate what to do to downclock the Gpu´s?

0 Likes
2 Replies

i use msi afterburner to fiddle with fans and clock speeds etc

I would wait a month or two when the new x570 boards become available

0 Likes

Are both Vegas right next to each other or is there a fairly large gap between the two. Sounds like the Primary Vega is not getting enough air circulation or the GPU Fan is not working correctly.

As far as you can tell on the Primary Vega when it is running 70-80C is the Fan running at 100% according to the software you use to monitor GPU fan speeds?

Try switching the secondary GPU (Running cool) with the Primary GPU (Running hot). If the secondary starts running hot and the Primary starts running cool that is a good indication of poor air circulation.

0 Likes