cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

syncviews
Journeyman III

RX Vega 64 crashes 18.9.1 drivers to blame?

Existing stable system (64bit Win 10), with Power Color RX Vega 64 Red Devil, now has issues with amdkmdap being recovered/reset or a VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR blue screen. Used DDU in safe mode to get rid of old drivers and try again while offline.

It has been suggested that there are issues with the 18.9.1. Has anyone else had such crashes with this driver version?

I am planning to try with 18.5.1 but if it is not a known issue then maybe its the card.

0 Likes
7 Replies
lowdog
Journeyman III

I have had craap issue with 18.9.1.

Did a clean install and no option to install Radeon Relive and no prompt to restart after driver install. Went back to 18.5.1 as this was the last driver that installed correctly with Radeon Relive and the Restart prompt after driver install.

0 Likes

Same error here - I am with Sapphire Pulse Vega 56, the problem is I am having this with whatever driver version - I use.

Tried everything suggested on the net - so far no improvement.

BTW. After I performed a clean Windows + Drivers installation it was OK, until the last Windows updates that were applied automatically. There must be some conflict between Windows updates and AMD Driver, the problem occurs randomly, not when doing smth specific like gaming, videos etc.

0 Likes

Crashing or lowdog's issue of missing Relive?

0 Likes

Crashing BSOD with the same error message VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. A lot of people are reporting this actually, both nvidia and radeon users. I have seen some solving the problem via some of the usual recommendations on the net, but most remain unsolved, which makes me think it’s a windows 10 related issue, no users running 7 or 8 are reporting that

0 Likes

That thread sounds quite fitting for my issue:

I'm now on my third Vega 56 form Sapphire. The first had the blackscreen/system freeze/ PCIe bug hangup issue. Then from the second on I've got issue with amdkmdap being recovered. I mainly experience this when capturing with Radeon Relive. The game will freeze and after some time I'm on my desktop, driver gets restored and the game is crashed.

The first and second card were reference designs, the third one is a Sapphire Pulse.

The game that most consistently crashes when capturing is SUPERHOT. I also have this issue while capturing 3DMark, Arma 3 and Dirt Rally.

I tested the second card in two different systems and experienced it in BOTH of them. I'm not going through same procedure again with my third card....

I'm on Windows 7 and while I regularly see the amdkmdap crashing, I never got a bluescreen from the second card on. And I've never seen the VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR message.

SystemA:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe

BIOS Rev. (according to CPU-Z): 2104 Date 08/13/2013 (LATEST AVAILABLE!)

PSU: be quiet! Straight Power CM BQT E9-CM580W

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Dimm Kit 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3

Driver: Radeon Adrenaline 18.8.2 and 18.9.3 (and basically anthing in between and before)

SystemB:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1245 v5

Mainboard: Supermico X11SAE-M

BIOS Rev.: 2.2b

PSU: Corsair RM650x

RAM: 32GB DDR4 ECC RAM

Driver: Radeon Adrenaline 18.8.2 and 18.9.3 (and basically anthing in between and before)

Oh and I forgot to mention: I'm using a dual monitor setup:

Samsung SyncMaster 2494HM (1920x1080) over HDMI

Dell U2412M (1920x1200) over Display Port

0 Likes
johnym
Journeyman III

Guys - I have a probable cause for the BSOD with the VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR message, not completely sure yet, but after yet another full system preinstall, I have noticed the first BSOD immediately after the installation of the ASUS Aura software and the reboot that followed it.

I have immediately removed the Aura software and now around 20 system restarts later - I have not yet witnessed the VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR again.

I will wait some more time and update this post again, to confirm or deny this discovery.

0 Likes
ritzmatt
Journeyman III

I had the same problems, I updated the windows 10 to latest patch and around 2 hours of gaming and no crashes yet..

0 Likes