Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

advocation
Adept I
Adept I

Re: RX Vega 64 and Windows 10 (x64) Video playback causing shuddering/freezing

I replaced my card today and it appears to have fixed the issue. I can now run with hardware acceleration on as well as watch any encoded movies. Now I have had it intermittently working on my old card..so I will keep monitoring and report back on what I see within the week (unless it breaks prior).

rms
Adept II
Adept II

A workaround is to disable Hardware Acceleration in Win10.  This makes website videos work (for me):  Hit Windows+R, type inetcpl.cpl, Advanced tab, Hardware Acceleration checkbox

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

As others have mentioned, the Release notes still lists the following:

"

• After resuming from sleep and playing back video content the system may become unresponsive on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.

"

While a reboot clears this up, it's still a nuisance and hopefully a fix is included with the next build.

I've had this problem too on my system (which you can see here: Oscar Mike ). Before installing my cards in that system I had it on a test bench which previously had drivers for an Nvidia card - to make long stories short, I ended up formatting that and haven't seen the stuttering issue.

Once I was satisfied that the cards were working fine, I moved them into the Oscar Mike system above and what do you know - stuttering. On Twitter, or any page where some kind of auto play function was present, even on animated gifs! I simply used the latest version of DDU, installed the chipset drivers first (reboot), followed by the 17.8.2 drivers for Vega et voila, problem gone.

PS, I don't know about Intel, but DDU removes (AMD) chipset drivers too if you're on an AM4/TR4 platform. So install those first before installing your RX Vega drivers.

SYSTEM.png

0 Kudos
rms
Adept II
Adept II

No joy doing this here:  1) Safe boot, run DDU   2) reboot, install 17.30 chipset drivers (ryzen x370)  3) reboot, install 17.8.2, reboot   4) Use the Sleep option once, and youtube starts stuttering.   Still broken

0 Kudos
gh0st47
Adept II
Adept II

0 Kudos
theacclaimed
Miniboss
Miniboss

This is a known issue.

• After resuming from sleep and playing back video content the system may become unresponsive on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.

Disable Hardware Acceleration in the web browsers is the workaround. Also, using VLC instead of MPC, WMP, and Movies & TV as those will stutter and can't have HW disabled.

olias
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Now after countless restarts my the graphic card is not detecting 1 off my 3 Monitors anymore....

if i de-install the driver theres no problem with the monitor....

This card is the worst i had ever.

0 Kudos
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

Are you saying more than 1 monitor is working after you remove the drivers? If so, your system is defaulting to either a Windows supplied driver, or you have remnants of an older driver on your system. Use the most current DDU to uninstall from Safe Mode and reinstall again; make sure you disable Windows' ability to install updated drivers as well or you'll end up with the same issues.

For everyone with the video stuttering/sleep issue, this should be resolved pretty soon. Be on the lookout.

0 Kudos
olias
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I meant when i re-installed the driver.

when i had no driver monitor which wasn`t showing any picture with the driver was showing the desktop.

After changing to hdmi the monitor was working again.

And Today it was working with Dp again-.-

It´s completely bananas...

How could such a driver ever get past Quality Control....

0 Kudos
bootrom
Adept I
Adept I

Update:

So trying a few things in this thread like Safe Boot, DDU, reinstall chipset and 17.8.2 driver etc seems to fix it until going to sleep as the patch notes mention. What I have found is restarting the PC I would still have the same issue with HW accel gifs/videos and Relive refused to work.. Though if I disable Windows 10 "Fast startup" then reboot/shutdown, everything will work fine including Relive when I record gameplay. So at least in my case it appears anything to do with sleep/hibernation/fastboot will cause the issue. In the mean time I'm not using sleep mode and leaving fast boot off until new drivers fix the issue, cheers.