cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

matrax
Journeyman III

rx vega 56

Hi, I bought a MSi Rx Vega 56 OC 8GO 3 days ago, When i play games like Forza Horizon 3 and far cry 4, my pc crash after 30 min in game and i got a black screen and i need to reboot my pc.

- Radeon 19.8.1

- Motherboard updated

- Bios updated

My PC:

- PSU VS650 Corsair

- MSI B450 Gaming Plus

- MSI RX VEGA 56 OC 8GO

- AMD Ryzen 2600

- Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 8 GO DDR4 3000 Mhz

WHY IT DOESNT WORK PERFECTLY !

0 Likes
5 Replies
dstmnd89x
Challenger

If this is a reference card, make sure the fan is spinning up either automatically or by way of custom/manual fan tuning. If the card is getting too hot, it is designed to fault out in order to protect itself from excess heat. 30 minutes is plenty long enough for a Vega card to overheat if it's not being cooled properly.

Same goes for aftermarket cards, too, however the reference blower designs will typically run hotter than those featuring proprietary cooler designs. 

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Radeon™ RX Vega⁵⁶ Graphics Card for Extreme Gamers | AMD 
With a power consumption of 210W, this GPU will probably have an immediate consumption of around 350W. Your PSU is weak...
Better PSU may be preferred for stabilization, I think.

0 Likes

I would think their power supply would be fine; the machine would crash much sooner when the card started rendering 3D. I suppose peak power draw could come close to the PSU's limits but you shouldn't need anything over 650W to run a 56; OP's power supply has a dedicated single +12v rail.

I never trust Corsair

0 Likes
rclv
Adept I

if it is overheat, you might want to refer to this discussion, re-paste the thermal paste might help.

Do not forget to check the heats ever spots in your GPU using GPUz's second tabs that help a lot.

https://community.amd.com/thread/242513 

0 Likes